Strategic Planning Timeline - 2019
To develop the Vision 2030 strategic plan, significant research and analysis from Augustana University stakeholders will take place during 2019. The planning process involves several stages, for which the Augustana President’s Council and the Board of Trustees will provide oversight.
- February – May: Committees identified and drafted priorities and milestones. Task forces researched, identified and/or recommended specific objectives.
- June – August: The Academics, Enrollment and Strategic Scholarships, Athletics, and Physical Campus Steering Committees met independently. Committees conducted research and took action needed on priority projects.
- August 16: Each steering committee completed their respective Goal & Strategies worksheets and submited them to the Strategic Planning Chair Dr. Pam Homan.
- August 20 and 27: Dr. Homan presented completed worksheets to President’s Council. President’s Council reviewed and compiled the worksheets into a unified DRAFT Vision 2030 Strategic Plan.
- September – October: Strategic plan was drafted based on work by steering committees and task forces. Feedback solicited from campus community to inform possible revisions.
- September 13: A meeting was held to include all steering committees and members to review the unified draft of the strategic plan and suggest edits.
- September 17: The Augustana President's Council received and reviewed the integrated draft of the Vision 2030 Strategic Plan based on the meeting held on September 13.
- October – November: Vision 2030 Strategic Plan informational sessions have been scheduled for the campus community. Following the informational sessions, the President’s Council, in collaboration with the steering committees, will finalize the strategic plan.
- Faculty and staff informational sessions will be held on: Oct. 17, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Oct .28, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Oct. 30, 3:30 - 5 p.m.; Oct. 31, 7:30 - 9 a.m.; Nov. 6, 7:30 - 9 a.m.; Nov. 7, 3:30 - 5 p.m.; Nov. 8, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Student informational sessions will be held on: Oct. 28, 4:30 - 6 p.m.; and Nov.12, 4:30 - 6 p.m. The student sessions will be held in the Froiland Science Center, Mikkelson Auditorium #113. Students do not need to register and can attend any one of the student sessions.
- December: Recommended final Vision 2030 Strategic Plan will be presented to the Board of Trustees.