Strategic Planning Timeline - 2019
To develop the Vision 2030 strategic plan, significant research and analysis from Augustana University stakeholders will take place during 2019. The planning process involves several stages, for which the Augustana President’s Council and the Board of Trustees will provide oversight.
- February – May: Committees will identify and draft priorities and milestones. Task forces will research, identify and/or recommend specific objectives.
- June – August: The Academics, Enrollment and Strategic Scholarships, Athletics, and Physical Campus Steering Committees continue to meet independently. Committees conduct research and take action needed on priority projects.
- August 16: Each steering committee completes their respective Goal & Strategies worksheets and submits them to the Strategic Planning Chair Dr. Pam Homan.
- August 20 and 27: Dr. Homan presents completed worksheets to President’s Council. President’s Council reviews and compiles the worksheets into a unified DRAFT Vision 2030 Strategic Plan.
- September – October: Strategic plan will be drafted based on work by steering committees and task forces. Feedback solicited from campus community to inform possible revisions.
- September 9: A meeting will be held to include all steering committees and members to review the unified draft of the strategic plan and suggest edits.
- September 17: The Augustana President's Council will receive and review the integrated draft of the Vision 2030 Strategic Plan based on the meeting held on September 9.
- October – November: Vision 2030 Strategic Plan review sessions will be scheduled and held with the campus community (specific dates to be determined). Following the review sessions, the President’s Council, in collaboration with the steering committees, will finalize the strategic plan.
- The review sessions will be held at the Fellows' Presidential Residence on: Oct. 17, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Oct .28, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Oct. 30, 3:30 - 5 p.m.; Oct. 31, 7:30 - 9 a.m.; Nov. 6, 7:30 - 9 a.m.; Nov. 7, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- December: Recommended final Vision 2030 Strategic Plan will be presented to the Board of Trustees.