Greetings from Augustana,
This page is designed to provide updates on the search for Augustana's 24th president.
January 2017 Update
It is the time of year when we lean into our Viking roots and brave the cold and snow to continue the important work that we are each called to within the Augustana community. The Presidential Search Committee met in December and is looking forward to gathering again in January. This has been a bit of a “quiet phase” for us but busy for our consultants at Witt/Kieffer who continue to receive applications for the position of AU President. They are impressed with the quality of the applicants and know we will have a robust pool of candidates to consider. We continue to be on track with our proposed timeline. I am so thankful for Rob and his team, our faculty, staff, students, and alumni in making Augustana University a very appealing leadership opportunity! The next two months will be an exciting journey as we find the candidate who best matches the leadership profile many of you helped create.
May we all be uplifted by the words of Paul in his letter to the Romans: "And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose."
— Romans 8:28
Please continue to keep this process in your prayers. We look forward to providing updates here throughout the coming months.
— Becky Blue '81
Chair, Presidential Search Committee
January 12, 2017
Important Dates in the Process Thus Far
- September 28-30: Presidential search process begins with open forum discussions with faculty, administrators, staff and alumni.
- October 17: Presidential Search Committee members announced.
- October 19: First Search Committee meeting held.
- October 21: Update from Presidential Search Committee Chair Becky Blue '81:
"We are fortunate to have an engaged and thoughtful group of individuals serving on the Presidential Search Committee in this important and historic work. As we held our first Search Committee meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 19, we heard the words of I Corinthians 12: 4-11 and were reminded of the spiritual gifts that each of us possess and the power of the Holy Spirit that activates those gifts for our search work."
- October: Finalize and distribute the Leadership Profile.
- November-December: Collect names and review qualifications of all potential candidates.
- January: Search Committee meeting to choose semi-finalist candidates.
- Semi-finalist interviews completed by the Search Committee. Search Committee votes on finalist candidates.
- Finalist interviews completed by Search Committee, additional Interview Committee Members, and the entire Board of Trustees.
- Selection of the next president by the Board of Trustees using input posted electronically from all of the above interview participants.
- March: Naming of the new president.