The Augustana Student Success Center and the Augustana Alumni Association have mapped out some milestones to hit before graduation. This is your guide to the deadlines, special events, and strategies for life after Augustana.
- Take the GRE, MCAT, LSAT, etc., if required for your targeted graduate school program.
- Update and review your Official Degree Audit that was sent after you applied for graduation.
- Don't have an Official Degree Audit of your transcript? Then you need to apply for graduation.
- Carefully reflect on the jobs or graduate programs that appeal most to you and research your options.
- Meet with your CAP Specialist in the Student Success Center for feedback on your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, personal statement or interview responses. View related resources.
- Locate and network with alumni through Augustana’s LinkedIn University page.
- Monitor the jobs posted in Augie Opportunities, as well as other search engines. Learn more methods for finding jobs.
- Prepare for and be ready to introduce yourself during job fairs or networking events.
- Rehearse responses to interview questions. Learn more about popular questions and behavior-based interviews.
- Whatever your destination after graduation, we want to celebrate the good news once you have finalized your plans. Complete our career outcome survey to update us of your employment or enrollment in graduate school.
- Share photos with friends at your favorite campus locations.
- Plan a reunion with your freshman floor.
- Thank the professor who most impacted, changed or challenged you.
- Go to the bookstore to purchase your first "Augustana Alumni" shirt.
- Share a photo with friends by the Ole statue and/or an Augustana sign.
- Connect with Augustana Alumni on social media. Like our Facebook pages for Augustana Alumni and Augustana GOLD and follow us on Twitter @augiealumni.
- Join our Augustana University (SD) Alumni and Friends group on LinkedIn.
- Share and tag your photos with #AugieGrad