Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Concerned about being at the right place at the right time? Here are the most frequently asked questions about Commencement Weekend — and the answers!
- Applying for Graduation: Did you know you have to apply to graduate? If this is news to you and you are planning to walk in May of 2013, please contact the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible at 605.274.4121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Undergraduate Caps and Gowns will be distributed on Friday, May 24, for 15 minutes prior to Commencement Rehearsal, and again after rehearsal has ended. There is no fee for undergraduate caps and gowns, and pre-orders are not required.
- Caps and Gowns for Master’s Degree Candidates need to be rented from the Augustana Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Please contact them directly for regalia rental information. All orders must be placed by Tuesday, April 9.
- Honor Cords for the Summa Cum Laude candidates will be distributed at rehearsal.
- Civitas Sashes will also be distributed at rehearsal.
- Tickets are not required for Baccalaureate or Commencement. Tickets for the Senior Celebration will be available online or by calling the Office of Alumni Relations at 605.274.4904. Advance tickets for the brunch between Baccalaureate and Commencement are available online at www.augietickets.com.
- Hosting a Graduation Party on Campus is a great way to celebrate your graduate's accomplishment. To ease in your planning, Augustana would like to offer you the following options.
- Graduation Announcements and Class Rings are available from Herff Jones. Personalized announcements are available online. Blank announcements are available in the Augustana Bookstore or by calling 605.274.4417.
- Professional Photographs will be taken by Jolesch Photography at Commencement. All students will be photographed on stage as they shake hands with the president, as well as a posed photo with an Augustana background. Photos will be online at www.jolesch.com one week after the ceremony. Proofs will also be mailed to students within one week. The mailing address used will be the same address provided for mailing diplomas. There is no obligation to purchase the photos.
- Diplomas will be mailed to students in the weeks following Commencement. Typically, diplomas go out in late June or early July. Diplomas cannot be released unless all student account balances are paid in full. Please work with the Business Office to take care of any remaining expenses and ensure that your diploma is sent on time.
- Gifts for your Graduate are available at the Augustana Bookstore, located in the Morrison Commons.
- Making Travel Arrangements? Here is a list of our suggested hotels, restaurants and maps to get you where you need to go!
- Dining On Campus is easy! The Ordal Dining Room is open daily from 7:15 a.m. – 7 p.m., while the Viking Huddle is open from 8 a.m. – midnight during the week and from noon to midnight on Saturday and Sunday.
- Bookstore Hours are changed now for Commencement. From Tuesday, May 21 through Friday, May 24: 9 a.m. — 5 p.m. and Saturday, May 25: 9 a.m. — 1 p.m. Learn more.
- Be sure to keep in touch! The Career Center is here to assist with your initial job search and to stay in contact throughout your career. When you land your first job or commit to a graduate school program, notify us immediately so we can share your good news. Ongoing services include resume writing, job search help, posting positions and credential files — just to name a few! Visit us online or contact us at 605.274.4127. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Parent E-News: Updates will be sent out periodically. To stay in the loop, please email email@example.com to sign up to receive the Parent E-Newsletter.
Further Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org