Dr. Dennis Bolen, C.P.A., C.M.A.
B.M.E., Dakota Wesleyan University, 1974
MBA, University of South Dakota, 1984
Ph.D., University of North Dakota,2000
Dennis Bolen is from South Dakota but after a few years as a high school teacher, he embarked for North Dakota to be a bank loan officer. He returned to South Dakota to work in several advanced business positions while obtaining his MBA. His work at Augustana has included teaching a variety of courses, finishing his Ph.D., starting a medical market research business, being involved in several not-for-profits and teaching graduate courses for the University of Minnesota-Marshall.
- Treasurer & partner in QEI, a medical market research firm in Chicago
- Controllerships in a private business and state higher education
- Business manager for a college
- Bank lending officer
- American Society of Business and Behavioral Science,
In the Eyes of the Beholder: Reactions from Business Alums on the Perceived Value of the Introductory Finance Class
- Bush Conference,
A Longitudinal Survey of General Education at UND
- Ph.D. Dissertation
Business Alumni and Business Faculty Perceptions of Graduates' Finance Capabilities: A Study of Selected Small Private Colleges in the Upper Midwest
- Assisting editor for Accounting Principles, Weygandt, Kieso, Kell, Wiley Publishing