Master of Arts in Education
An online Master of Arts in Education degree program is offered to those who hold or are eligible for licensure.
"My favorite part about the online Master's program is the flexibility. As teachers, we have busy schedules, and I appreciate being able to do the majority of the work when it fits best in my schedule. Being able to do the work on my time helps me stay interested and focused instead of feeling like it is a burden."
Elizabeth (Beth) Degreeff
The program features five areas of concentration:
- NEW! STEM: a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Instructional Strategies: a focus on practical applications to support student achievement and engagement
- Reading: a focus on teaching strategies, assessment, and instruction that facilitates deeper comprehension of fiction and nonfiction texts
- Special Populations: a focus on how to support and teach at-risk students, with an emphasis on autism, response to intervention (RTI) and emotional/behavioral issues
- Technology: a focus on utilizing and implementing technology to enhance student learning
The concentration courses in this master's program are provided in partnership with Learners Edge.
The decision to obtain your master’s degree is a significant investment in your future. In addition to enhancing your abilities to create positive learning environments for students, in most cases a master’s degree correlates to increased compensation. In addition, because the program is online, it will offer the convenience you need to continue your busy lifestyle while completing your degree requirements.
Applications for this 19-month, non-thesis program will be reviewed when complete applications have been received, with a rolling admission process and the following deadlines:
- Spring Cohort (limited capacity of 36) — Filled
Applications are reviewed each month, so please submit completed applications as soon as possible.
- Summer Cohorts (4 cohorts of 18 students each)
Applications are reviewed each month for the next available cohort, with applicants notified by the 15th of each month.
Deadline for application April 1, last notification April 15.
Augustana University accepts applications for the M.A. in Education program from residents of the following states: AK, AZ, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY and Washington, D.C.
Augustana University also accepts applications from other countries.
The online Master of Arts in Education degree program is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).