Augustana is now accepting applications for the Master of Arts in Special Education.
Admission Requirements for Degree-Seeking Students
A student holding a bachelor's degree and interested in working toward a graduate degree first obtains, completes and files an official application with the Office of Graduate Education.
The following documents must be submitted:
- official application
- official transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to the Augustana Graduate Education office
- two recommendation forms testifying to the applicant's character and ability to do graduate work (at least one reference should be from a principal/supervisor)
- a 400-500 word essay is required; specific instructions are included in the application--see above.
- a copy of your current teaching license
- non-refundable application fee of $60 (Students enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at Augustana at the time of application to the program are exempt from paying this fee.)
- a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 (B) or better.
- sufficient undergraduate work in the proposed field of study to satisfy specific program admission requirements and graduate credit course prerequisites (See degree requirements. For example, applicants for the Master of Arts in Special Education must hold a bachelor's degree in education and hold a current teaching licensure.)