MSAT Admission Criteria and Application Procedure
To ensure adequate clinical placements for students, prospective students will participate in a competitive admissions process.
Subjective and objective point scales will be used to determine student acceptance.
Students should contact the Athletic Training Program Director for the latest admission information.
Prospective students will accumulate points for the successful completion of the following criteria:
- Each candidate must participate in 50-100 clinical observation hours under the direct supervision of a licensed or certified athletic trainer prior to April 1st of the year in which they are applying for acceptance. (Late applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until spots are filled.)
- Each candidate must demonstrate a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA at the time of application and complete the following pre-requisite courses with a letter grade of “C” better.
- Each candidate must submit a letter of intent, the Application for Admission Form and submit three recommendation forms from a non-family member to the Program Director of Athletic Training by April 1st of the year in which they are applying for acceptance. (Late applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until spots are filled.)
- Each candidate must also demonstrate proof of a completed physical examination, medical history form, immunization record, blood borne pathogen training and Technical Standards document.
- Interview to be scheduled by the Program Director of Athletic Training following the application due date.
Successful completion of all of the prerequisites mentioned above does not guarantee admission into the Athletic Training Program.