You have several choices when it comes to a semester abroad or off-campus. Augustana partners with several foreign and domestic insitutitions and many program providers. Please visit with the International Programs Office to learn more about the locations, availables courses and costs.
Approved Study Abroad Programs
- American Institute for Foreign Studies (AIFS): Semester, Year and Summer programs in Australia, Austria, Botswana, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, England, France, India, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa and Spain.
- International Studies Abroad (ISA): Semester, Year and Summer programs in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, England, France, India, Ireland, Italy, Jordan,Morocco, Northern Ireland, Panama, Peru, South Korea and Spain.
- CIS Abroad: Semester, Year and Summer programs in Australia, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Ghana, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Thailand. Also offers programs in multi-country destinations and some short-term (J-Term) programs. Interning options also available.
- World Learning SIT Study Abroad: Over 70 Semester or Year experiential programs in a wide variety of countries including many non-traditional locales such as Botswana, Iceland, Madagascar and Vietnam.
- The Education Abroad Network: Semester, Year, and Summer programs in Australia, New Zealand, China, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam.
- Central College Abroad: Semester, Year and Summer programs in Austria, China, England, France, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain and Wales.
- Augsburg College Center for Global Education: Semester, Year and Summer programs in Mexico, Central America, South Africa and Namibia.
- Studio Art Centers International (SACI): Studio art Semester, Year and Summer programs in Florence, Italy.
- Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA): Semester, Summer and January Interim programs in the U.S., Bangladesh, Ecuador, Northern Ireland, New Zealand and Norway.
- Spanish Studies Abroad: Semester, Year, Summer and January programs in Spain, Argentina and Cuba.
- Academic Programs International (API): Comprehensive international programs (study, intern, teach, work, volunteer, gap year) in over 30 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
- Center of Linguistic & Multicultural Studies: Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS): Copenhagen, Denmark
- University of Nordland
- Sør-Trøndelag University College
- Telemark University College
- Telemark University College in Bø
- Stord/Haugesund University College
- Sogn og Fjordane University College
- University of Stavanger
- University of Oslo International Summer School
- Diakonova University College
Approved Off-Campus Programs (U.S. Locations)
- Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA): Offers semester and summer courses programs focused on Art for Social Change, Inequality in America, Environmental Sustainability, Writing for Social Change or Environment & Agriculture (all in Minneapolis, MN) and Civil Rights Movement (Jackson, MS).
- The Lutheran College Semester in Washington DC: The theme of the semester is Ethical Issues and Public Affairs. Students register for two 4 credit hour seminars, a 6-credit-hour internship, and a 2-credit-hour course in directed reading.
- Semester by the Bay: Offers fall semester internship placements and biological sciences course offerings from the University of Alaska Anchorage's Kachemak Bay Campus of Kenai Peninsula College located in Homer, Alaska.
- New York University January Term Program: Spend 3 weeks at NYU in January studying a topic of your choosing.