Follow #AugieAbroad to see the latest photos from students on study abroad courses!
Augustana offers a wide array of J-Term courses abroad. Study with Augustana faculty, take one of more than 20 courses through the Upper Midwest Association for Intercultural Education (UMAIE) or participate in an approved third-party provider program. Each of these options offers unique advantages. Make an appointment today with a study abroad advisor in the International Programs Office to discuss your options!
Augustana Courses taught by Augustana Faculty
These J-Term 2017 courses are open ONLY to Augustana University students.
- Yucatán Past and Present: Archeology, Culture and Language in Mexico
- Dharma: Life, Religion and Music in Contemporary India - Dr. Sandra Looney and Dr. John Pennington
- The Tropical Ecology of Guatemala & Belize - Dr. Craig Spencer and Dr. David O'Hara
- Leadership in Professional Nursing in Ecuador (Nursing 451) - Dr. Patricia Waltman
- Leadership in Professional Nursing in Norway (Nursing 451) - Dr. Pam Schroeder
UMAIE Courses taught by Augustana Faculty, January 2017
- Arab & Jewish Influence in Spain & Morocco - Professor Sam Ogdie (SPAN)
- Cultural Trauma, Communications & the Camera in Eastern Europe - Dr. Anna Reich (ART) and Dr. Tasha Rennels (COMM)
**UMAIE Courses taught by Elmhurst, St. Ambrose, St. Thomas, St. Catherine's and Gustavus Adolphus will be available for viewing beginning February 15.**
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted beginning April 1. The priority application deadline is April 15. All applications received between April 1 and April 15 will receive equal consideration for admission to the course. Applications for any remaining spots will be accepted on a rolling admission basis until October 1, 2016.
Search by program name on the Augustana StudioAbroad portal. Click Apply Now on the program description page to begin the application process.
While all UMAIE courses count for general elective credits (4 credit hours) toward the 130 credit hours needed for graduation, many of the options are pre-approved for general education credit and/or major elective credit at Augustana. Pre-approvals for general education credit and/or major elective credit are available in the brochure listing on StudioAbroad.
For more information, please contact the International Programs Office (IPO) at 605.274.5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Provider Options
Four of Augustana's approved study abroad providers offer J-Term programs. College students from all over the US apply to these programs, so participation can be a great way to meet not only local students from your host country but also peers from different US colleges and universities. Contact the International Programs Office if you're interested in learning more about any of these programs.