What Can I Do With an International Studies Major?
Maybe you will want to work in the Foreign Service, the Peace Corps, U.S. intelligence agencies, international organizations, multinational corporations, non-governmental “think tanks” or foundations, or religious organizations with international programs. No matter what you want to do in this increasingly interconnected world, from business to journalism to teaching, a broad international perspective can help.
Sample career titles include:
- International Relations Specialist
- Foreign Service Officer
- Director of International Communication/PR
- Humanitarian Relief Worker
- International Lawyer
- Professor of International Studies
- College International Student Advisor
Recent International Studies alumni include:
- Andrew Kightlinger ’08, currently pursuing an MFA in Film Production at Boston University
- Heidi Reinders '07, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, San Francisco, CA
- Cat Havumaki '06, Rockwell Collins Inc., Cedar Rapids, Iowa