Ph.D. (Physics) - Kansas State University (2000)
M.S. (Physics) - Ball State University (1996)
B.S. - (Physics & Mathematics) University of Iowa (1992)
Associate Professor, Augustana College (2012- )
Assistant Professor, Augustana College (2006 - 2012 )
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan (2000-2006)
Dark matter detection using liquid argon
High energy collisions producing multiple electroweak bosons
Professional Organizations and Service
Member, American Physical Society (1996)
Member, MAX/ Darkside Collaboration.
Member, D0 Collaboration
Co-convener of the photon identification group (2003-04).
Co-convener of the QCD physics group (2004-06).
Augustan College Representative, South Dakota Space Grant Consortium
AP Physics Exam Grader (2008-09)
Fermilab UEC "Quality of Life" sub-committee chair (2004-05).
- A. Alton and T. Alexander, "A possible explanation for NuTeV's anomalous dimuon events", Phys. Rev. D 83, 115018 (2011).
- V.M. Abazov et al., "Search for a scaler or vector particle decaying into Zg at √s =1.96-TeV" Phys. Lett. B 671: >341 (2009).
- V. M. Abazov et al., "Search for ZZ and Zg production in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV and limits on anomalous ZZZ and ZZg couplings", Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 131801 (2008).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Measurement of the pp->WZ+X cross section at √s =1.96-TeV and limits on the WWZ trilinear guage coupling”, Phys. Rev. D 76, 111104(R) (2007).
- V. M. Abazov et al., "Zg production and limits on anomalous ZZg and Zg couplings in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV", Phys. Lett. B 653, 378 (2007).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Search for narrow resonance in Zg events gathered by DØ at √s =1.96-TeV”, Phys. Lett. B 641:415-422 (2006).