Distinguished Scholars Celebration
The 2016-17 Distinguished Scholars Celebration, Augustana University's most prestigious scholarship event, will take place on Sunday, November 20; Sunday, February 19; and Sunday, February 26. Scholarships ranging from $54,000 (over four years) to full tuition will be awarded to those who participate. To be eligible to participate, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess an ACT composite of 27 or SAT (math and verbal) of 1210
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.50 (4.00 scale)
- Be Admitted with Distinction prior to November 1, 2016 to partipate in the November 20 event and by February 1, 2017 for the February events
- Submit the Distinguished Scholars Celebration Registration form by November 2, 2016 for the November 20 event and by February 2, 2017 for the February events
- Attend a Distinguished Scholars Celebration day on Sunday, November 20, 2016 or Sunday, February 19, or Sunday, February 26, 2017
Participation is limited.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to sign up for the EVENT online, please click here.
The Distinguished Scholars Celebration includes an interview with a faculty committee. In addition, participants and their parents will have the opportunity to learn more about Augustana's academic, social, and spiritual offerings.
Results of the competition will be announced during the week of March 13, 2017. Scholarships will be renewed annually to students who are enrolled full-time, maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 and live on campus. Because we are a residential university and the Distinguished Scholars Program is intended to recognize and support our campus leaders, the scholarship is awarded to assist with direct educational costs for tuition, room and board. Therefore, students authorized to live off campus will receive their awards on a pro rated basis.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Distinguished Scholars Celebration
2001 S. Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Ph: 800.727.2844 or 605.274.5516