Visit Augustana Goes International on Facebook for current postings and events.
The International Programs Office provides many opportunities to get involved. Leadership opportunities and internships can be arranged with our office. Returning study abroad students also have the opportunity to work with their program provider and our office to promote study abroad. We host a weekly culture presentation, Friday Rendezvous, in the Back Alley focusing on current topics from countries around the world. We have work study positions available for eligible students and host an annual photo contest for returning study abroad students and current international students. Please find detailed information below.
ACE (Augustana Cultural Exchange) Ambassador Program
The ACE program is an exciting leadership opportunity for students interested in developing intercultural skills and establishing friendships with international students. The program is designed to support international students as they transition to the United States and to facilitate meaningful intercultural friendships. Ambassadors are mentors to new international students, providing guidance, advice and camaraderie. ACE Ambassador positions are open each spring to returning Augustana students.
Each year, the IPO hosts a variety of excursions within the Midwest. Travel with us to the Black Hills, the Mall of America, the Omaha Zoo and more! Keep an eye on the A-mail for sign-up's or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming travel opportunities.
Work Study/Internship Opportunities
The IPO employs work study-eligible students during the academic and summer terms. We also work with students interested in completing the College Administration Internship Program. This is a special project arranged with the IPO and is open to junior/senior students for credit. Returning study abroad students can apply for paid study abroad ambassador positions with ISA or AIFS.
Each week, students from around the globe present on their home country. Topics include local culture, entertainment, history and little known facts.
Augustana International Club (AIC)
Founded in September of 2011, the Augustana International Club serves to promote cultural exchange and international programming among American and international students at Augustana University.
- Partnering with the International Programs Office (IPO) to plan and enhance participation in current international programming and intercultural activities like Augustana Cultural Exchange (ACE), Rendezvous, and International Education Week. Rendezvous events are weekly at 4 p.m. on Friday's in the Back Alley.
- Developing new student-led programming and activities.
- Helping students enhance intercultural skills, international competency, and cross cultural communication through cultural exchange and learning.
- Developing leadership opportunities for students in the international realm.
- Providing an environment to foster friendships between American and international students.
Each spring, study abroad and international students are encouraged to submit photos of their experiences abroad and in the U.S. See the IPO Photo Contest page for categories, contest rules, and submission deadliens. Winners are announced in May.