We celebrate ...
Involvement in intercollegiate athletics and recognize its centrality to the Augustana experience.
Augustana — as one of five private NCAA Division II colleges in the upper Midwest — possesses the best academic profile of entering first-year students and one of the best in the nation among D-II institutions. It ranks first of fourteen in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. In 2012, the College was one of 24 schools receiving the first NCAA Division II Presidents' Award for Academic Excellence. The award recognizes athletics programs with Academic Success Rates of 90 percent or more. (Academic Success Rate (ASR)
- Augustana ranks in the top 10 of all NCAA Division II colleges in average attendance for men’s and women’s basketball, football and volleyball.
Click here to access more information about Augustana Athletics, view the latest videos, scores, statistics and more.
- For the second year in a row, the Vikings finished first in the conference in the NSIC US Bank All Sports Award for 2012. The Vikings have finished no lower than second place.
- The Vikings finished 3rd among 300 NCAA Division II institutions in the annual Learfield All Sports Award for the 2010-2011 academic year. Among the top 10 finishes, Augustana possessed the top academic profile.
- Thirty Viking athletes have been named NCAA Postgraduate Scholars, placing Augustana among the top ten percent of all NCAA institutions in receiving this recognition. Two were awarded during the 2011-2012 academic year alone.
- On average, one in five Viking athletes will be named to the Dean’s List annually.
- Augustana has one of the finest athletic complexes for training and competition of any college or university in the upper Midwest.
- Augustana's student fan club, the Augieholics, figure prominently in creating an exciting game day atmosphere. Even visiting coaches acknowledge the energy the Augieholics create when their teams play the Vikings.