We celebrate involvement in intercollegiate athletics and recognize its centrality to the Augustana experience.
We compete in 19 NCAA Division II sports and are proudly ranked among the top-10 schools for academics and athletics in DII.
- Augustana — as one of five private NCAA Division II universities in the upper Midwest — possesses the best academic profile of entering first-year students and one of the best in the nation among D-II institutions. It ranks among the best in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. In 2012, the University was one of 24 schools receiving the first NCAA Division II Presidents' Award for Academic Excellence. The award recognizes athletics programs with Academic Success Rates of 90 percent or more. Academic Success Rate (ASR)
- Augustana ranks in the top 10 of all NCAA Division II colleges in average attendance for men’s and women’s basketball, football and volleyball.
- The Vikings finished first in the conference in the NSIC US Bank All Sports Award in 2014-15; and have finished no lower than second place since joining the conference for the 2009-2010 season.
Among NCAA Division II institutions in the annual Learfield All Sports Award, the university achieved its highest result in the past three years and their eighth top-20 finish in the past nine years. Augustana has routinely possessed the top academic profile among the top 10 finishers.
- More than 30 Viking athletes have been named NCAA Postgraduate Scholars, placing Augustana among the top ten percent of all NCAA institutions in receiving this recognition.
- On average, one in five Viking athletes will be named to the Dean’s List annually.
- Augustana has one of the finest athletic complexes for training and competition of any college or university in the upper Midwest.