Areas of Study
- Communication Studies
- International Studies
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Religion, Philosophy, Classics
Natural Sciences Departments
- Computer Science/CIS
- Dual-Degree Engineering
- Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Health Profession Programs
Social Sciences Departments
- Business Administration & Accounting
- Political Science/Government and International Affairs
Each full-time student enrolled at Augustana is assigned a faculty advisor based on their choice of major. Students who have not yet selected a major are considered “Undeclared” and are advised by their New Student Seminar (NSS) Faculty Mentor until they are ready to make a choice.
Typically, around 14 percent of our first-year students enter as undeclared. These students are encouraged to select courses that will not only help them to make progress toward completing general education requirements, but will also allow them to explore potential majors.