Covenant Award for Liberal Arts
The faculty and staff on the selection committee seek your nomination for a student whose life reflects the value for which this recognition is named. Eligibility for this distinction is open to all full-time students in their junior or senior year of study who have not received a Covenant Award previously. While a student’s grade point average is not a criterion for selection, we seek to affirm students who integrate their love of learning with academic achievement. Students nominated for the Liberal Arts award will have established a range of experiences at Augustana that define them as recognizing the critical importance of an education of enduring worth.
In making your nomination, please respond to the following questions providing examples or anecdotes in a supportive letter attached to this form. Your letter should provide substantial background about the nominee.
All nominations are due on Thursday, February 20, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact Sandi Vietor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 274.4127. This award will be presented during the campus-wide celebration of Verdier 2014 -- March 31 through April 4.
- How has the nominee demonstrated love of learning for its own sake?
- How has the nominee acknowledged or forged connections between academic disciplines?
- How has the nominee connected her/his curricular interests with her/his co-curricular interests?
- How has the nominee related her/his studies to important issues of human existence?
- How has the nominee’s commitment to the liberal arts shaped her/his plans for the future?