Covenant Award for Service
The faculty and staff on the selection committee seek your nomination for a student whose life reflects the service value for which this Covenant Award is named. In order to recognize the many ways this value can be manifested, there is no grade point average requirement. Eligibility for this distinction is open to all full-time students who have not received a Covenant Award previously. The selection committee wishes to acknowledge students committed to service. Students nominated for the Service award recognize that “Every learner benefits from a devotion to service at Augustana and in the larger community.”
In making your nomination, please respond to the following questions providing examples or anecdotes in a supportive letter attached to this form. Your letter should provide substantial background about the nominee.
All nominations are due on Thursday, February 20, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact Sandi Vietor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 274.4127. This award will be presented during the campus-wide celebration of Verdier 2014 -- March 31 through April 4.
- In what ways has this nominee demonstrated a consistent commitment to service on campus?
- In what ways has this nominee demonstrated a commitment to service in the broader community?
- “Let us spur one another on towards love and good deed.” How has this nominee “spurred others on” in service?
- Genuine service often goes unrecognized, because it is done quietly and without fanfare. If you know of ways this nominee has committed such acts of service that have gone unnoticed, that you think deserve public recognition, feel free to tell us about them.
- How has the nominee’s commitment to service shaped his/her plans for the future?