Service and Travel
Campus Ministry and Volunteer Services provide Augustana students with many different opportunities to serve the community. Through these organizations, students learn and gain meaningful experiences while they work toward their college educations.
- Augustana students serve at The Banquet each semester. The Banquet's mission is to equip volunteers to provide food and fellowship to the guests served by this ministry. The Banquet provides a safe place where people can gather, receive nourishment and experience love in action.
- Pueblo de Dios — Augustana students serve as mentors for Pueblo youth meeting weekly for bible study, faith formation, conversations, a weekly meal and fun.
- Prison Ministry - Students worship with inmates of the St. Dysmas congregation at the South Dakota State Penitentiary in Sioux Falls each semester.
- Travel - Campus pastors lead fall break and spring break service travel trips. Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, Holden Village, New Orleans, New York City, and the Rosebud Indian Reservation are some of the places students have served.
- Volunteer Services — Within the Center for Campus Life, Volunteer Services provides volunteer opportunities to the students by helping to connect Augustana students with Sioux Falls community needs and the surrounding communities.