Theme House Event Notification
Theme House Event Notification is a process by which Theme Houses can notify Residence Life and Housing of upcoming events within their community. More specifically, it allows Theme Houses to let Residence Life and Housing know about events at which a large number of students are in attendance (more than one guest per person) or at which alcohol is likely to be present (houses with a majority of residents who are 21 or older only). This gives Residence Life and Housing the opportunity to have proactive, intentional conversations with students about how to effectively plan the event, precautionary steps to take in advance of the event, and how to handle any concerns that may arise during the event.
Guidelines and Expectations for Alcohol Use
Houses interested in hosting a gathering at which alcohol will be consumed, must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Theme House Liaison must submit a Theme House Event Notification Form at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
- The Theme House's approved Alcohol Policy must be clearly posted in the house for all to see and the Theme House must abide by the details outlined in that policy during the event.
- The House Contact listed on the Theme House Event Notification Form must be present throughout the gathering, be easily and readily available for contact, and should not consume alcohol prior to or during the event.
- All memer fo the Theme House must be aware and in agreement as to the nature, size, location, time, and other details of the gathering.
- At no time will more than 3 guests for every resident of the house present be allowed in the house.
- The use of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the privacy of the interior of the house. Open containers of alcohol are prohibited outside on patios and in yards.
- Kegs and other large amounts of alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Activities such as drinking games and beer bongs encourage the high-risk consumption of alcohol and are also prohibited.
- Advertising that promotes alcohol-related activities is not permitted.
For additional information about the College's alcohol policy and other Theme House policies, please refer to the Student Handbook.
Submitting a Theme House Event Notification Form
Remember, whenever possible the Theme House Event Notification Form must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled event.
You can either submit a Theme House Event Notification Form electronically, or you can print a PDF, fill it out, and bring it to the Dean of Students Office.
Augustana Housing | EMC 119 | Campus Mailbox 724 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 605.274.5215