Payment and Refund Policy
Registration and Deposits
Registration for the Augustana Learn to Swim Program is done exclusively online through Jevin, Inc via the Augustana Learn to Swim website www.augie.edu/rec. Registration is done on a first come, first serve basis. If you are unable to register yourself online, call (605 274-4636) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Learn to Swim office, and we will assist you.
Once a child is registered, a minimum of $10 is required to hold the child's spot (a payment for the full cost of the class may be made at any time). If the $10 minimum deposit is not received within 14 days of registration, Augustana Learn to Swim reserves the right to deactivate (remove) that child to make room for other registrants.
Exceptions to required deposit
- If a child is on the waiting list, payment is not required until they are activated for their class (get in off the waiting list).
- If a child registers within 17 days before the start of the session, the $10 depositmust be paid more than 72 hours (3 days) before of the beginning of the session.
- If a child registers less than 72 hours before the start of the session, they may receive written consent to pay in full on the first day. If written consent is not granted, Augustana Learn to Swim reserves the right to remove any unpaid child from the roster to make room for someone else.
Payment in Full
Payment in full for a class is due on the first day of lessons. However, this payment can be made anytime before the first day of class, and is encouraged to save time at Check In on the first day! You may pay our balance online via your child's registration page, you may drop off a check at the Elmen Center Recreational Services front desk, you can call and we can take your credit card over the phone (605 274-4636) or you may send a check to the address below:
Augustana Learn to Swim
c/o Jevin, Inc
PO Box 1631
Allen, TX 75013
Gift Cards, certificates, payment credits
If you will be paying for any part of your registration fee with an Augustana Learn to Swim gift card, certificate or payment credit, the original document must be presented to a Learn to Swim employee at the Elmen Center Recreational Services Front Desk. If the certificate covers the payment in full, it must be received within 14 days of the child registration, or more than 72 hours before the session begins (depending on when your child registered for the class). If it does not cover the full cost of lessons, a deposit is required (as explained above), and the certificate can be brought in on the first day of lessons, or anytime before.
Refunds and Credits
If you are registered for a class and decide not to attend, you may withdraw your child from the class with no penalty up to 14 days before the start of the session. Any payments you made will be returned to you in the same way you paid them (credit card, check or cash). If you withdraw LESS than 14 days from the beginning of a session, the $10 deposit (per child) is NOT refundable. Any other payments you made will be returned in the form of a credit for a future session.
If a child starts the session, but is unable to continue/finish, a suitable refund or credit may be issued at the discretion of the Augustana Learn to Swim Coordinator per the request of the customer.
Exceptions to Refund Policy
- If the child is sick and is unable to attend lessons, the $10 deposit is refundable with an appropriate doctor's note at any time before the start of the session.
- Refunds for family emergencies (ie death in the family) may be made at the discretion of the Augustana Learn to Swim Coordinator per the request of the customer.
- If you have one child enrolled in class and another on the waiting list - if the waiting list child does not get in to a class, you are entitled to a full refund for the child who was enrolled should you decide to remove them from the session.
If there are no openings in the class for which you wish to enroll your child, he or she may be placed on the waiting list. A deposit is not required for the waiting list. You may be on enrolled in one class and on the waiting list for another class that better fits your schedule. Payment is only required for classes for which your child is enrolled.
Transfers of Payment/Switching Classes
If you must switch classes due to schedule conflicts, you may transfer all of your money to another class within the SAME SESSION. If you switch to a different session, the $10 deposit is only refundable if we are notified more than 14 days before the start of the session (see above).