General Information about Overnight Guests
Students are allowed to host overnight guests in their rooms during the academic year, but must adhere to the following guidelines when doing so:
- Student host must submit an Overnight Guest Form to Residence Life and Housing staff.
- Due to fire code, no more than three people can sleep in any Residence Hall room overnight.
- Guests must be of the same gender as the student host.
- Guests may stay no more than two (2) consecutive nights with a host.
- Host student must inform their roommate(s) of the intent to host prior to submitting the Overnight Guest Form.
Additionally, student hosts need to be aware that:
- Guests may be asked to leave if they are involved in any violation of College policy.
- The College reserves the right to remove a guest from the premises if it is deemed to be in the interest of the health and safety of the residential community.
- Guest housing is not permitted during vacation periods when room availability is limited.
If you are Augustana College Staff and are coordinating a stay for students who are visiting (recruting for Athletics, Admissions, etc.), please fill out an Overnight Guest Form for each guest who will be staying on campus.
Submitting an Overnight Guest Form
Again, please be aware that a student host or staff member who is coordinating an overnight stay for a student must submit an Overnight Guest Form to Residence Life and Housing Staff. The form will be kept on file in the Housing Office and will be distributed to the appropriate Hall Director and to the Dean of Students and Campus Safety Offices.
Augustana College | EMC 119 | Campus Mailbox 724 | email@example.com | 605.274.5215