Break Housing Policies and Procedures
The following policies and procedures apply for all break periods:
- A fee of $5 per night will be assessed to any student who is not a participant in a university-sponsored program and/or does not reside 500+ miles away from campus. This fee will be applied for all nights that student will stay on campus and will be billed to your student account.
- All academic year policies and guidelines are in effect during holiday breaks.
- Any violation of policies may result in your immediate removal from the residence halls for the remainder of the vacation period. This includes loaning your keycard to ANY person.
- You will need to use an outside door vacation keycard during the break. Your regular ID card will NOT work during the break.
- Your vacation keycard must be returned to the Center for Campus Life by the Friday following the end of the break period. For Winter Break 2019, the deadline to return the card is Friday, January 10, 2020. Failure to return a keycard will result in a $15 charge, billed to your student account.
- No one is permitted in the residence halls during break except those students whose application has been approved by Campus Life. No visitation by anyone (other than immediate family) is permitted during break. If you allow an unauthorized person access to the residence halls, your break housing privileges will be revoked immediately.
- There are no meals served by Dining Services during breaks.
- Kitchens in occupied residence halls will remain open throughout the break. Please be careful and attentive when cooking.
- Campus Life staff, Campus Safety, or Facilities staff may enter and check rooms for safety, security, and maintenance purposes during the break.
- Campus Safety (605.274.4014) is available for urgent safety and security needs throughout the break. As always, contact 911 for emergencies.