Break Housing Policies and Procedures
The following policies and procedures apply for all break periods:
- Any student who is not a participant in a college-sponsored program and/or does not reside out of state or outside of the United States, but is approved for break housing by the Office of Residence Life, will be required to pay a daily fee of $5. The fee will be billed to the student account. This fee will be applied for all days that student will stay on campus.
- All academic year policies and guidelines are in effect during the any holiday break.
- Any violation of policies may result in your immediate removal from the residence halls for the remainder of the vacation period. This includes loaning your keycard to ANY person.
- You will need to use an outside door vacation keycard during the break. (YOUR REGULAR ID CARD WILL NOT WORK DURING THE BREAK).
- Please return your vacation keycard by the end of the following week after the break to avoid a $10 charge.
- No one is permitted in the residence halls during break except those students whose application has been approved. No visitation by anyone (other than immediate family) is permitted during break. If you allow an unauthorized person access to the residence halls your break housing privileges will be revoked immediately.
- There are no meals served by dining services during breaks.
- Kitchens in occupied residence halls will remain open throughout the break. Please be careful when cooking and, if necessary, you may want to crack open a window to cut down on the smoke that may occur.
- Residence life staff and physical plant staff may check rooms for safety, security, and maintenance purposes during the break should the need arise.
- In case of an emergency, please contact Campus Safety at 605.274.4014.