Membership Levels and Benefits
Members provide the majority of financial support for the operation of the Center for Western Studies. The Center receives annual financial gifts from hundreds of individuals, families, and businesses. In appreciation for their gifts, members receive special benefits year-round.
Please consider becoming a member today to help the Center continue fulfilling its mission of improving the quality of social and cultural life in the Northern Plains. Every contribution matters!
Your membership gifts:
- Increase and support our archives, library collections, and our permanent collection of art and artifacts.
- Provide services to students, researchers, and library users.
- Help continue educational programs like the Dakota Conference, the Boe Forum, the Occasional Series, and the Artists of the Plains Art Show and Sale.
- Enable us to publish books about the American West of importance to the region and nation, like the award-winning "A New South Dakota History."
- Provide gallery shows, workshops, seminars, presentations, and cooperative projects with other agencies.
All members receive the following benefits:
- CWS News three times per year
- Invitations to events and receptions
- Boe Forum Priority tickets (guaranteed when reserved by deadline). Priority floor seating is in the center section and toward the front.
- 10% Gift Shop discount
- Check-out privileges in the Krause Library (with CWS Member Card)
- Time Travelers Reciprocal Program: free/reduced admission/discounts at 270 museums/historic sites
- Benefits accrue at higher membership levels
Additional benefits at higher membership levels:
- $100 Explorer — Complimentary research assistance
- $250 Partner — 20% gift shop discount
- $500 Scout — Behind-the-scenes tour of Fantle Building
- $1,000 Pioneer — VIP Boe Forum seating
- $2,500 Ranger — Invitation to Boe Forum President's Reception
- $5,000 Westerner — Special recognition at CWS event