Upcoming Training Institutes
The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at Augustana University is designed to prepare nonprofit leaders for the 21stcentury and dramatically increase the impact of charitable organizations in the U.S.
A combination of theory and practical application, these day-and-a-half training opportunities provide fundraising professionals a proven framework and skill set for increasing their ability to solicit charitable gifts and develop their nonprofit leadership skills. While primarily geared for those with fewer than 10 years of experience, fundraising professionals with all levels of expertise have found value in participating. The training institutes are offered on a quarterly basis and are led by regional experts and Augustana University faculty.
- Paul Krueger, president and CEO, Make-A-Wish South Dakota
- Steve Erpenbach, president and CEO, South Dakota State University Foundation
- Bob Preloger, vice president for advancement, Augustana University
- Andy Patterson, president, Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation
- Micah Aberson, chief global brand officer, Sanford Health
- Deb Koski, chief operating officer, Sanford Health Foundation
- Cindy Elifrits Peterson, president and CEO, Maximizing Excellence, LLC
- Jackie Payne, director of development, Augustana University
Cost is $150 (registration fee) plus optional book ($80). Register today.
Institutes Will Focus on Topics Such As:
- Professional selling
- Relationship selling
- Ethics and legalities of fundraising
- Effective communication
- Cause sales fundamentals and development
- Fundamentals of “The Art of Asking”
Participants will receive a signed Certificate of Completion from Augustana University.
Interested in learning about upcoming Training Institutes? Let us know and we'll keep you informed!