Dr. Robert E. Wright
|Dr. Robert E. Wright
Nef Family Chair of Political Economy
Director of the Thomas Willing Institute
Ph.D. (History) — State University of New York at Buffalo (1997)
M.A. (History) — State University of New York at Buffalo (1994)
B.A. (History) — Buffalo State College, summa cum laude (1990)
- Nef Family Chair of Political Economy, Augustana College (2009 - )
- Director of the Thomas Willing Institute for the Study of Financial Markets, Institutions, and Regulations (2011 - )
- Series Editor, Pickering & Chatto Perspectives in Economic and Social History Series (2008 - )
- Series Editor, Pickering & Chatto Financial History Monograph Series (2005 - )
- Merchants Bank of New Bedford Collection Consultant, New Bedford Whaling Museum, New Bedford, Mass. (2010 - 2011)
- Clinical Associate Professor of Economics, Stern School of Business, New York University (2005 - 2010)
- Research Consultant, The Winthrop Group, New York, N.Y. (2001 - 2006)
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics, Stern School of Business, New York University (2004 - 2005)
- The Wall Street Journal Guide to the 50 Economic Indicators That Really Matter: From Big Macs to "Zombie Banks," the Indicators Smart Investors Watch to Beat the Market (New York: HarperCollins, 2011). Lead author: Simon Constable.
- Fubarnomics: A Lighthearted, Serious Look at America's Economic Ills (Amherst, N.Y.: Prometheus, 2010).
- Higher Education and the Common Weal: Protecting Economic Growth and Political Stability with Professional Partnerships (Hyderabad, India: ICFAI, 2010).
- Money and Banking (Nyack, N.Y.: Flat World Knowledge, 2009). Co-author: Vincenzo Quadrini. Edition 1.1: 2011; edition 2.0: 2012.
- One Nation Under Debt: Hamilton, Jefferson, and the History of What We Owe (New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008).
- Financial Founding Fathers: The Men Who Made America Rich (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2006). Co-author: David Jack Cowen.
Grants and Awards
- Mellon/Betty Sams Christian Fellowship in Business History, Virginia Historical Society (2010 - 2011).
- Richard C. Wade Award, Ohio Valley History, Filson Historical Society (2009 - 2010).
- Filson Fellowship, Filson Historical Society (2009).
- National Science Foundation, "U.S. Corporate Development" (2008 - 2011).
- New York University Challenge Grant (2006 - 2007).
- Mellon/Betty Sams Christian Fellowship in Business History, Virginia Historical Society (2006 - 2007).
- Kauffman-Berkley Research Grant, Berkley Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (2006-2008).
- Arthur H. Cole Research Grant, Economic History Association (2004).
- Alfred D. Chandler, Jr. Travel Grant, Harvard Business School (2001 - 2002).
- James Wilson Department of Economics Research Stipend, University of Virginia (2000).
- Program in Early American Society and Economy, Article Award, Library Company of Philadelphia (1999).
- Kate B. and Hall J. Peterson Fellowship, American Antiquarian Society (1999).
- Allan Nevins Award Finalist, Economic History Association (1997).
- Presidential Fellowship, State University of New York at Buffalo (1991 - 1995).
- Mark Diamond Fellowship, State University of New York at Buffalo (1994 - 1995).