Three Ensembles to Perform at Augustana Spring Band Concert
Date: May 12, 2010
Times: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Elmen Center, Augustana College campus (33rd Street and Grange Avenue)
Ticket Info: Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children K-12. Purchase tickets in advance at www.augietickets.com or by calling the Augustana Box Office at 605.274.5320.
SIOUX FALLS, SD – The annual Augustana Spring Band Concert on Thursday, May 13, features three ensembles.
The 7:30 p.m. concert in the Elmen Center (33rd Street and Grange Avenue) includes performances by the Augustana Band, the Augustana Wind Ensemble, and the Augustana College/Community Concert Band.
Admission is $5 for adults, free for children K-12. Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.augietickets.com or by calling the Augustana Box Office at 605.274.5320.
The Augustana Band performance includes:
- Royal Salute by Philip Sparke
- J.S. Jig by Brant Karrick
- Silverado by Bruce Broughton, arrangement by Randol Bass.
The Wind Ensemble performance includes:
- Mr. Music! By Alfred Reed
- Manhattan by Philip Sparke and featuring Augustana graduate Nathan Bleeker on trumpet.
- Concertino for Marimba and Band by Paul Creston. Augustana senior Micah Jastram (Sioux Falls) is featured on marimba.
The College/Community Concert Band performance includes:
- Proclamation and Symphonic Decree by Ed Huckeby
- Monterosi by Jacob de Haan
- Olympus by Barry Kopetz
- The President’s March by Henry Fillmore, arrangement by Robert Foster.