Sesqui-Sunday Performances Honor College Sesquicentennial
In celebration of its Sesquicentennial, Augustana College musicians will present a series of “Sesqui-Sunday” performances during Sunday morning worship services at Sioux Falls-area churches.
- May 8: Spirit of Peace Congregational Church, 6509 South Cliff Avenue — The Brass Choir will perform at 10:30 a.m.
Earlier, this spring:
- Jan. 23: Canton Lutheran Church, 124 E. 2nd St., Canton — The Augustana Choir will perform at 9:30 a.m. Read more about the Choir Concert in Canton to Honor College Sesquicentennial.
- April 10: Grace Lutheran Church, 3300 East 18th Street — The Collegiate Chorale will perform at 8 & 10:30 a.m.
- April 10: Hope Lutheran Church, 1700 South Cliff Avenue — The Flute Choir will perform at 9 a.m.
- April 10: Augustana Lutheran Church, 235 North Prairie Avenue —The Guitar Ensemble will perform at 10 a.m.
- April 10: Calvary Episcopal Cathedral, 500 South Main Avenue — Angelus (Women’s Choir) will perform at 10 a.m.
- April 17: Asbury United Methodist Church, 2425 South Western Avenue — The Clarinet Ensemble will perform at 8 & 9 a.m.
Earlier, this past fall:
- Oct. 3: East Side Lutheran Church, 1300 E. 10th St. — The Augustana Brass Choir will perform at 8, 9:30 & 11 a.m.
- Oct. 17: Peace Lutheran Church, 5509 W. 41st St. — The Augustana Collegiate Chorale will perform at 9, 10:10 & 11:20 a.m.
- Nov. 7: First Congregational Church, 300 South Minnesota Ave. — The Augustana Brass Choir will perform at 8:30 & 10:30 a.m.
- Nov. 7: Faith Lutheran Church, 601 N. Cliff Ave. — The Augustana Clarinet Ensemble will perform at 8 & 10 a.m.
- Nov. 14: Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church, 2208 W. Laquinta — The Angelus (Women’s Choir) will perform at 8, 9:30 & 11 a.m.
- Nov. 14: Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 2800 E. 57th Ave. — The Augustana Guitar Ensemble will perform at 8:15, 9:30 & 10:45 a.m.
- Nov. 21: Embrace! Church, 1601 E. 69th St. — The Augustana Flute Choir will perform at 10 & 11:15 a.m.
“We’re honored and proud to share the musical talents of our outstanding students with area congregations in honor of our 150th anniversary,” said Kate Campbell, Augustana's director of Congregational Outreach and Liturgical Arts. “At Augustana, we’re committed to integrating learning with faith and service. We believe that through events such as Sesqui-Sundays, along with various other congregational outreach initiatives, our students receive invaluable opportunities to celebrate the joy of the Lord through music and ministry.”
Office of Marketing & Communications