Concerto-Aria Concert with the Augustana Orchestra and Augustana Band
Date: May 10, 2011
Times: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Mary W. Sommervold Hall, Washington Pavilion
Ticket Info: Tickets are $12 adults, $8 for seniors and students and are free with a valid Augustana ID. Tickets can be purchased in advance by calling 605.274.5320 or online at www.augietickets.com
The concert will feature six Augustana students who were named winners of this year’s Augustana Concerto-Aria Competition. These students were competitively selected by a panel of outside judges:
- Christopher Borchardt (saxophone, Sioux Falls, S.D.)
- Christopher Haak (bassoon, Urbanville, Iowa)
- Rachel Hoogendoorn (mezzo-soprano, Sioux Falls, S.D.)
- Hannah Patzer (mezzo-soprano, Marshall, Minn.)
- Jason Roseth (trombone, Watertown, S.D.)
- Matthew Tims (marimba, Worthington, Minn.)
In addition to concertos and arias by these students, the program will also include performances by the Augustana Orchestra and the Augustana Band under the direction of Dr. Christopher Stanichar and Dr. Bruce T. Ammann, respectively.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for seniors and students and are free with a valid Augustana ID. Pre-ordering is highly recommended. To order tickets call 605.274-5320 or visit www.augietickets.com.
Augustana College Box Office