JazzFest Jazz Camp for Students July 12-16
Date: July 11 - July 15, 2011
Times: Campers arrive for registration and an evening jazz concert at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12, and the camp concludes at JazzFest at 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 16.
Location: Augustana College
Jazz Camp will be held July 12-16 at Augustana College.
Jazz Camp will feature offerings on:
- Jazz Theory
- History of Jazz
- Combo Rehearsal
- Big Band Rehearsal
- Master Classes
- Evening concerts with faculty, guests and students
The finale performance will take place on the Main Stage at JazzFest 2011 on Saturday, July 16. Campers will also get a backstage visit with JazzFest artists and will be featured on South Dakota Public Broadcasting’s “Best of JazzFest” TV show.
JazzFest is the biggest jazz and blues festival in the upper Midwest-featuring performances by the Neville Brothers, Little Feat, Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Bettye LaVette, Tower of Power, Taj Mahal, Mavis Staples and many more.
Jazz Camp Featured Artists/Instructors:
- Allen Vizzutti, Yamaha Performing Artist, trumpet player and composer.
- Dr. Paul Schilf, director of Jazz at Augustana College. Camp Director, brass and grades 9-12 jazz band ensembles.
- Jim McKinney, former director of Bands at South Dakota State University. Rhythm and grades 6-8 jazz band ensembles.
- Mark Isackson, woodwinds.
Dr. Paul Schilf