Feb. 17-19: 32nd Annual Artists of the Plains Show and Sale
The artwork of 22 local and regional artists will be on display Feb. 17-19 at the 32nd annual Artists of the Plains Art Show and Sale, sponsored by the Center for Western Studies at Augustana College.
The show will be held at the Holiday Inn City Centre, 100 W. 8th St., in downtown Sioux Falls and will feature artists representing four states. The event is free and open to the public.
- Friday, Feb. 17: 5-9 p.m.(premier showing and reception; awards ceremony will begin at 8 p.m.)
- Saturday, Feb. 18: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 19: 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Bids on selected silent auction pieces will be accepted through 2 p.m. on Sunday. Augustana College art students will once again be part of the show. The students will show and sell their artwork, which will be on display in the Holiday Inn's Embassy Room.
Artists invited to the Artists of the Plains Art Show and Sale include:
- Tara Barney, Sioux Falls
- JoAnne Bird, Toronto, S.D.
- Bryan Bortnem, Rutland, S.D.
- Bonnie Brahms, Humboldt, S.D.
- Russ Duerksen, Sioux Falls
- Jess Elofson, Brandon, S.D.
- Jerry Fogg, Sioux Falls
- Chris Francis, Madison, S.D.
- Marian Henjum, Sioux Falls
- Glenn Krupka, Sioux Falls
- Donald F. Montileaux, Rapid City, S.D.
- Chad Nelson '95, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Jon Offutt, Fargo, N.D.
- Harvey Rattey and Pamela Harr, Glendive, Mont.
- Gisele Robinson, Evanston, Wyo.
- Nelda Schrupp, Lakota, N.D.
- Joshua Spies, Watertown, S.D.
- Jennifer Stone, Watertown, S.D.
- Ann Taecker, Watertown, S.D.
- Les Voorhis, Spearfish, S.D.
- Sharon Welch, Pierre, S.D.
Supported in part by a Challenge Grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
PICTURED ABOVE: Coneflower Study by Watertown artist Jennifer Stone.
Director of Outreach and Communications
The Center for Western Studies