May 3-5: Theatre to Debut "Our Town"
Date: May 2 - May 4, 2012
Times: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Edith Mortenson Center Theatre
Ticket Info: $12 for adults; $8 for seniors and students K-12 | free for Augustana students and faculty | www.augietickets.com
The Augustana Performing and Visual Arts will present Thornton Wilder’s heartwarming classic "Our Town" at 7:30 p.m. in the Edith Mortenson Center Theatre April 26-28 and May 3-5. The performance on Thursday, May 3, will be interpreted for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
Described as “the greatest American play ever written,” the story follows the small town of Grover’s Corners through three acts: “Daily Life,” “Love and Marriage,” and “Death and Eternity.” Narrated by a stage manager and performed with minimal props and sets, audiences follow the Webb and Gibbs families as their children fall in love, marry and eventually — in one of the most famous scenes in American theatre — die.
Our Town is directed by senior Laura Foiles (Brookings, S.D.).
Augustana’s cast includes:
- Dan Workman (Theatre Faculty)
- Elijah Bonde (class of 2015, Sioux Falls)
- Katelynn Kenney (class of 2014, Box Elder, S.D.)
- Glynnis Kunkel (class of 2013, North Mankato, Minn.)
- Matt Cook (class of 2012, Adrian, Minn.)
- Scott Misling (class of 2014, Minnetonka, Minn.)
- Samantha Sorvaag (class of 2015, Owatonna, Minn.)
- Travis Clark (class of 2014, Box Elder, S.D.)
- Maren Engel (class of 2013, Owasso, Okla.)
- Logan Enze (class of 2013, Sioux Falls)
- Ryan Marks (class of 2014, Estherville, Iowa)
- Miranda Nelson (class of 2013, Hendricks, Minn.)
- Teresa Preuss (class of 2015, Echo Minn.)
- Matt Stoffel (class of 2015, Sherburn, Minn.)
- Josh Thies (class of 2013, Sioux Falls)
- Zack Truelson (class of 2014, Sioux Falls)
- Chris Wilkins (class of 2015, Sioux Falls)
- Ryan Wilkins (class of 2015, Sioux Falls)
- Hunter Winklepleck (class of 2015, Sioux Falls)
Tickets are $12 for adults; $8 for seniors and students K-12; and are free for Augustana students and faculty with a valid ID. Tickets are available at www.augietickets.com.