Nov. 14-18: Theatre Season Opens With "Inspecting Carol"
Date: November 13 - November 17, 2012
Times: 7:30 p.m. Nov. 14-17 | 2:30 p.m. Nov. 17-18
Location: Edith Mortenson Center Theatre
Ticket Info: $15 for adults; $10 for seniors | free for students K-12 and Augustana students and faculty | www.augietickets.com
The Augustana College Department of Performing and Visual Arts presents its first theatre production of the season with the laugh-out-loud "Inspecting Carol," a play about a theatre company’s annual production of the Dickens classic, "A Christmas Carol."
Held in the Edith Mortenson Theatre, showtimes are:
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15*
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16
- 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17
- 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17
- 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18
Directed by Dan Workman, assistant professor of Theatre,"Inspecting Carol" takes place at a small Midwestern theatre company where, as the players prepare for their annual cash-cow production of "A Christmas Carol," things are looking as bleak as Dickens' London. The production's four-day rehearsal schedule is looking woefully inadequate and the company accountant has just informed the director that low ticket sales have left them on the verge of bankruptcy. To make matters even worse, the National Endowment for the Arts is considering pulling its $30,000 grant due to "significant artistic deficit," and plans to send a representative to investigate the company. You now have actors who are bored of doing the show every year, a Tiny Tim who isn’t so tiny anymore, a producer worried about money, and an actor mistaken for a representative from the NEA!
Augustana’s student cast includes:
- Glynnis Kunkel, class of 2013, of North Mankato, Minn,
- Katelynn Kenney, class of 2014, of Box Elder, S.D.
- Scott Misling, class of 2014, of Minnetonka, Minn.
- Logan Enze, class of 2013 of Sioux Falls
- Matt Stoffel, class of 2015 of Sherburn, Minn.
- Jared Mitchell, class of 2013 of Welch, Minn.
- Jenna Hyde, class of 2015 of Coon Rapids, Minn.
- Mason Calhoun, class of 2015, of Sioux Falls
- Lorelei Tinaglia, class of 2016, of Faribault, Minn.
- Ben Kraft, class of 2015, of Mobridge, S.D.
- Christina Olson, class of 2014 of Cottonwood, Minn.
- Noah Bunger of Sioux Falls
“We are going to have a lot of fun with this play. It has tremendous characters and is going to be ridiculously funny. We have some very strong actors in our program and they are jumping into this show and coming up with quirks that make these characters shine," said Workman. "We can’t wait to share this show — it will surely get you in the holiday spirit!”
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and senior citizens. Tickets are available at www.augietickets.com or by calling the Augustana Box Office at 605.274.5320. Tickets are FREE for those with an Augustana ID and for any student K-12.
*The performance on Thursday, Nov. 15, will be interpreted for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.