Dec. 6: Christmas Extravaganza Features Augustana Bands
Date: December 5, 2012
Times: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Washington Pavilion
Ticket Info: $15 for adults; $10 for seniors | free for students K-12 and Augustana students and faculty | Tickets: www.washingtonpavilion.org
As part of Christmas at Augustana, the Department of Performing and Visual Arts presents the Augustana Bands' Christmas Extravaganza, a holiday concert featuring the Augustana Brass Choir, The Augustana Band, and the Augustana College/Community Concert Band at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 6, at the Washington Pavilion in historic downtown Sioux Falls.
Tickets are $15 for adults; $10 for seniors; and are free for students K-12, Augustana students and faculty (with ID). Tickets are available at washingtonpavilion.org.
Dr. Paul Schilf will conduct the Augustana Band, Mark Isackson will lead the College/Community Concert Band and Dr. Earl Sherburne will direct the Augustana Brass Choir.
The concert will feature:
The Augustana Brass Choir:
- "Fanfare For Christmas" by Phil Snedecor
- "O Magnum Mysterium" by Morton Lauridsen
- "Christmas is Here" by Guaraldi/Chesky
- "O Holy Night" arr. by Lee Harris
- "Christmas on the Square" by McLaughlin/Sherburne with Ali Hoffman as vocal soloist
The Augustana Band:
"A Charles Dickens Christmas" arr. by William Ryden
I. The first Nowell
II. Coventry Carol
III. Angels We Have Heard On High
- "Secret Agent Santa" arr. by Jeff Simmons
- "Russian Christmas Music" by Alfred Reed
The Augustana College/Community Concert Band:
- "A Christmas Flourish" by James Curnow
- "It Came Upon The Midnight Clear" arr. by David Shaffer
- "The Most Wonderful Time Of Year" by Eddie Pola and George Wyle; arr. by John Moss
- "A Fireside Christmas" arr. by Sammy Nestico