April 25: Malaria Campaign Concert and Silent Auction
In an effort to help end Malaria by 2015, the Augustana Malaria Campaign is hosting a concert and silent auction beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, in the Back Alley. The event will feature food and concerts by The Rusty Buckets, The Pretend is Near, and Tony Yang and the Violet Foxes.
The silent auction begins at 3:30 p.m.; concerts will begin at 7:30 p.m. and both will end at 9 p.m.
Funds raised will support the ELCA Malaria Campaign.
Silent Auction items include:
- Table runners (2)
- Mug rugs (4)
- Cinemark Movie Tickets (Set of 2)
- Semi precious stone sculpture
- Dream catcher
- Columbian miniature plate
- Tiny tea set
- Wooden wall carving
- Angel food cake
- Pizza and Puppy Therapy with Pastor Ann
- Round of golf, cart, and lunch with Tom Meyer at Prairie Green
- Dinner with Professor Looney and your friends at an Indian restaurant (2)
- Baseball and Food with the Bart Family
- Homemade ceramic bowls (10)
- Caribou Gift Card
- Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Card
- Homemade hat
- Photo shoot with Emmie VanErt
- Oil Paintings (2)
Bidding on the silent auction items opens at 3:30 p.m. in the Back Alley and ends at 9 p.m.
For World Malaria Day on April 25, this week, your gift to the ELCA Malaria Campaign WILL BE MATCHED — DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR — UP TO $130,000. If you would like to donate online, you can go to the ELCA's donation page.