July 6 - 7: Archeology Days - Excavations Are Underway!
Date: July 5 - July 6, 2013
Times: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village (Mitchell, S.D.), located on Lake Mitchell – 3 min. north of Corn Palace
Ticket Info: Kids 5 and under - free; students 6 - 18 yrs - $4; seniors - $5; adults - $6
Don't miss your chance to attend Archeology Days, scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, July 6 and 7, at the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village in Mitchell, SD. Exciting events will include:
- Prehistoric Ceramic Demonstrations by professional ceramist Dave Heubner.
- Demonstrations of flint knapping and exhibits of prehistoric stone tools and ceramics.
- Tour the Thomsen Center Archeodome and watch excavations at this 1,000-year-old site by a team of Augustana and British students and faculty
- Visit the Boehnen Museum and see a full-size replica earthlodge and bison skeleton
- See the new Fire in the Village exhibit.
- Meet professional archeologists and view a variety of displays on prehistoric and historic Archeology
- Watch native technology demonstrations such as flint knapping.
- Kids Dig (use the tools of archeologists to discover artifacts)
- Make pottery using prehistoric techniques
- Test your hunting skills using an atlatl-spear thrower
- Kids 5 and under — free
- Students 6-18 yrs — $4
- Seniors — $5
- Adults — $6
Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village — 605.996.5473