Oct. 19: Viking Days Celebrations Continue
Homecoming celebrations continue on Saturday, Oct. 19, with the Langskip 5K, the PVA pancake FUNdraiser, the parade, Viking football vs. Upper Iowa, the All-Class Reunion the 60th anniversary celebration of Viking Varieties and the Afterglow.
Events for Saturday, Oct. 19:
- Langskip 5K: 9 a.m. Fellows' Presidential Residence, 37th Street and Grange Avenue. Check in at 8:30 a.m.; race begins at 9 a.m. Register.
- Viking Days Pancake Feed: 9:30 a.m. Commons Drive and Grange Avenue. Come to the parade ready to eat pancakes and see faculty members (our guest pancake flippers!) from the Performing and Visual Arts department. This is a FUNdraiser to benefit the PVA. Tickets are $7 and will be available at the event.
- Homecoming Parade: 10:30 a.m., College Drive (formerly 28th St.) to 33rd Street on Grange Avenue.
The homecoming parade will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 19. To accommodate the parade, no parking will be allowed on the parade route effective 6 a.m. until the end of the parade.
- 28th St. (College Drive) — From Prairie Ave. to Grange Ave.
- Grange Ave. — From 26th St. to 33rd St.
Any questions, contact Campus Safety at 605.274.4014.
- Viking Days Tailgate: 11:30 a.m. outside Kirkeby-Over Stadium. Bring your family for lunch and games for the kids before the Vikings kickoff. Tickets are $5 and will be available at the event.
- Viking Days Football Game vs. Upper Iowa: 1 p.m., Kirkeby-Over Stadium.
- All-Class Reunion: 6 p.m., Washington Pavilion. All alumni, students, faculty and staff are invited to catch up with friends and celebrate with reunion classes ending in 3 and 8. Enjoy great food and drinks and take in the 60th anniversary show of Viking Varieties! SOLD OUT.
- Viking Varieties: 8 p.m., Mary Sommervold Hall, Washington Pavilion. SOLD OUT.
- The Augustana Afterglow: 9:30 p.m., Washington Pavilion Lobbies. The party continues following Varieties at the Afterglow! Enjoy desserts, fun and dancing on all levels of the Washington Pavilion.