March 2: Concerto-Aria Auditions
Date: March 1, 2014
Times: Auditions from noon to 3:30 p.m. The public is invited to hear the auditions.
Location: Humanities Center
Ticket Info: Free and open to the public.
Concerto-Aria auditions will be held from noon to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 2, in the Humanities Center. Those students selected will perform in the Department of Performing and Visual Arts' annual Concerto-Aria concert, set for 7:30 p.m. on Friday, May 9, at the Harrisburg Performing Arts Center.
Following are the auditioning students, their choice of music, and their audition time:
- Christian Einertson, class of 2016, performing Mozart: "Fin ch'han dal vino" from Don Giovanni, 12:00 p.m.
- Brianna Sejnoha, class of 2015, performing Mozart: “Batti, Batti, O belMasetto” from Don Giovanni, 12:10 p.m.
- Ellen Ferry, class of 2015, performing Verdi: “Caro nomecheilmiocor” from Rigoletto, 12:20 p.m.
- Sarah Stevens, class of 2016, performing Handel: “Lasciach’iopianga” from Rinaldo, 12:30 p.m.
- Carryn Kennedy, class of 2016, performing Offenbach: “Ella a fui, la tourterelle!” from Tales of Hoffmann, 12:40 p.m.
- Julia Blue, class of 2014, performing Puccini: “Senza Mamma” from Suor Angelica, 12:48 p.m.
- Maren Werth, class of 2014, performing Gliére: Harp Concerto (first movement), 12:57 p.m.
- Michelle Ritter, class of 2016, performing Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto no. 2 (first movement), 1:15 p.m.
- Emily Wehde, class of 2015, performing David: Concertino (I. Allegro meastoso), 1:45 p.m.
- Spencer Kruse, class of 2016, performing Vaughan Williams: Oboe Concerto, 1:57 p.m.
- Berett Steffen, class of 2017, performing Mozart: Violin Concerto no. 3 (first movement), 2:11 p.m.
- Jake Mahowald, class of 2016, performing Rosauro: Concerto for Timpani (first movement—Bacharoque), 2:26 p.m.
- Anthony Pederson, class of 2017, performing Dvořák: Concerto for Cello and Orchestra in B minor (first movement), 2:37 p.m.