Through May 24: Senior Art Show
Date: May 1 - May 23, 2014
Location: Eide/Dalrymple Gallery
Graduating art students at Augustana College present their senior show titled "To Be Continued..." through Saturday, May 24, at the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery. On exhibit is a wide variety of works including ceramics, sculpture, installation, printmaking, painting, drawing, digital photography, and graphic design.
The seniors gave artist talks following the opening reception and awards presentation on May 2.
Learn more in this Argus Leader Media video.
The eight graduating artists are:
- Laura Bane, an Art and French major with a concentration in painting from Rock Rapids, Iowa
- Cassondra Grogan, an Art, Education and Special Education major from Brandon, S.D.
- Jacob Harvey, a Pre-professional Art major with a concentration in sculpture, and English minor, from Sioux Falls
- Kali Johnson, a Pre-professional Art major with a concentration in graphic design, from Willmar, Minn.
- Erin Murtha, a Pre-professional Art major with a concentration in printmaking and graphic design, from Brandon, S.D.
- Anh Ta, a Pre-professional Art major with concentrations in painting, printmaking and graphic design, from Hanoi, Vietnam
- Matthew Winder, an Art major with a pre-architecture emphasis, with a minor in business, from Mount Vernon, Iowa
- Jennie Yu, a Pre-professional Art major with a concentration in painting and drawing, from Hong Kong
Five of the seniors are pre-professional art majors, a 60-credit major – one of the largest credit requirements among all majors on campus – that gives students a similar experience to that of a Bachelor of Fine Arts from an art school, while still retaining the breadth of the liberal arts general education core. The remaining three students combined their liberal arts track Art majors with additional majors and concentrations on campus.
This exhibition is generously sponsored by the families of Palmer Eide and Ogden Dalrymple.
The Eide/Dalrymple Gallery is located on Commons Circle (30th Street and Grange Avenue), in the Center for Visual Arts at Augustana College. The gallery is open to the public and free of charge. Hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Dr. Lindsay Twa
Director, Eide/Dalrymple Gallery
Images: (top to bottom): Ta and Murtha, ““Frreesh aka. Fresh and Free,” mixed media typography installation; Ta, “Survival,” lithograph; Yu, “Be Secret About the Small, Cramped, Dark Inside of You,” oil on canvas.
Above top left to right: Bane, “The Transformation: Hands no. 4,” oil on canvas; Yu, “The Ceramist,” charcoal.