Archeology Days in Mitchell
Date: June 30 - July 1, 2018
Times: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. both days
Location: Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village (Mitchell, S.D.), located at 3200 Indian Village Road on Lake Mitchell – 3 min. north of Corn Palace
Ticket Info: Free and open to the public.
Don't miss your chance to attend Archeology Days, scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, June 30-July 1, at the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village in Mitchell, S.D.
- Watch native technology demonstrations, such as flintknapping, and see exhibits of prehistoric stone tools and ceramics.
- Tour the Thomsen Center Archeodome and watch excavations at this 1,000-year-old site by a team of Augustana and British students and faculty.
- Meet professional archeologists and view the life-sized earthlodge exhibit in the Boehnen Museum.
- Kids Dig (use the tools of archeologists to discover artifacts)
- Make pottery using prehistoric techniques
- Test your hunting skills using an atlatl-spear throwing stick
- Help wash 1,000-year-old artifacts as they come from the ground.
- All ages — free
Archeology Days is made possible with funding from the South Dakota Archaeological Society, the Archeology Lab of Augustana University, and the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village. And the University of Exeter will be paying for Archeology Days this year, so it is free to the public!
Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village — 605.996.5473