35th Annual Artists of the Plains Show and Sale
Date: February 27 - March 1, 2015
Times: Friday: 5-9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.; Sunday: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn City Centre, 100 W. 8th St., in downtown Sioux Falls
Ticket Info: Free and open to the public.
The 35th Annual Artists of the Plains Art Show & Sale will be held February 27 – March 1, 2015, at the Holiday Inn City Center in downtown Sioux Falls. This event is sponsored by the Center for Western Studies at Augustana College.
As a signature program of the Center for Western Studies, this show and sale is designed to educate the public about the cultural importance and variety of regional art and artists. The largest and longest running show if its kind in the region, Artists of the Plains is an annual highlight of the Center’s Art Program and Educational Exhibits, one of several programming areas supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities. The event is a gift to the artists and collectors of the Northern Plains.
- Friday, Feb. 27: 5-9 p.m.(premier showing and reception; awards ceremony will begin at 8 p.m.)
- Saturday, Feb. 28: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday, March 1: 10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Center for Western Studies offers cash awards in the following categories: Two-Dimensional Best of Show ($200 first place and $100 second place) and Three-Dimensional Best of Show ($200 first place and $100 second place).
Artists who have been invited:
- Arnold Bortnem, Sioux Falls, SD
- Bryan Bortnem, Rutland, SD
- Bonnie Brahms, Humboldt, SD
- Russ Duerksen, Sioux Falls, SD
- Genevieve Echols, Meadow Grove, NE
- Rodger Ellingson, Sioux Falls, SD
- Jess Elofson, Brandon, SD
- Dede Farrar, Hermosa, SD
- Jerry Fogg, Sioux Falls, SD
- Sharon Gray, Vermillion, SD
- David Huebner, Bushnell, SD
- Daron Krueger, Sioux Falls, SD
- Mark Levsen, Webster, SD
- Carol Lundeen, Dassel, MN
- Donald Montileaux, Rapid City, SD
- Deb Leilani Parks, Sioux Falls, SD
- Gisele Robinson, Evanston, WY
- Jennifer Stone, Watertown, SD
- Megan Sweets, Sioux Falls, SD
- Sharon Welch, Pierre, SD
- Karlys Wells, Clear Lake, SD
- Jennifer White, Sioux Falls, SD
In addition to these artists, several Augustana College art students will be exhibiting and selling their work.