Giving Day at Augustana
Thank you to all Viking supporters, alumni and friends who helped us shatter the last two years’ #GiveLikeAViking records!
The 24-hour giving event, held on Friday, May 17, raised $309,120 through 556 gifts received from individuals in 42 states, as well as eight countries: Australia, China, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Nepal, Norway and Vietnam.
What is Giving Day?
Augustana's third annual Giving Day on Friday, May 17, is a 24-hour fundraising event bringing together alumni, friends, students, parents, faculty and staff to celebrate this place, the people and the memories made here by giving in honor of student scholarships.
Help Us Tell the Augustana Story on Giving Day
Do you love Augustana? Has Augustana had an impact on your life? If you answered yes, then we need you on May 17!
During this 24-hour campaign, commit to telling the world how Augustana has impacted your life, your community and your work — and encourage others to do the same.
You can help Augustana for 24 hours on Friday, May 17, by:
- Telling people why they should #GiveLikeAViking using your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Sharing university posts throughout the day
- Tagging classmates and friends and encouraging them to join you in this movement for Augustana
- Reaching out to five or 10 classmates and friends via email, phone and social media
- Making your own gift on May 17 and sharing why you support our students via your own personal social media
Numbers updated as of 10 a.m. Monday, May 20.
We finished at $309,120!
Email your fellow alumni friends.
Numbers updated as of 5 p.m. May 17.