High School Invitational Art Exhibition
Date: January 9 - February 8, 2019
Times: Closing gallery reception, an awards presentation and open studio tours are set for 5-8:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8.
Location: Eide/Dalrymple Gallery
Ticket Info: The exhibit and reception are free and open to the public.
Art students from 14 regional high schools will display their talents at the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery at Augustana from Jan. 9 through Feb. 8.
Works by nearly 60 students include a wide range of mediums: drawing, digital photography, painting, mixed media, and ceramics. “There are some exceptional works on view,” said Gallery Director Dr. Lindsay Twa, “The collective exhibition is incredibly strong and inspiring.”
Exhibitors will be selected by their high school teacher, with the exhibition awards juried by members of the Augustana art faculty. Up to $500 of art supplies will be awarded in prizes. Additionally, high school seniors can participate in a portfolio review with Augustana art faculty, with the chance to be awarded a $2,000 Pro Artis Scholarship. Up to five scholarships, renewable for four years, will be awarded to exemplary students who are offered admission and choose to attend Augustana University.
The awards ceremony will take place at 5-8:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8.
Friday, February 8: Closing Events
- 3:00-5:00 p.m.: Pro artis scholarship portfolio reviews — students apply and sign up in advance. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- 5:00 p.m.: Dinner for exhibiting students, their teachers and parents in the atrium of the Center for Visual Arts.
- 6:00-7:40 p.m.: Open-studios, workshop demonstrations, portfolio reviews (any student interested in a personal review of their portfolio can signup for a time slot: contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Feb. 1).
- 7:00-8:30 p.m.: Eide/Dalrymple Gallery Reception.
- 8:00 p.m.: Awards Ceremony.
- 8:30 p.m.: Students and/or teachers may take home their artwork.
Following the awards, students encouraged to enjoy the exhibit, and can return to the studios to explore.
The Eide/Dalrymple Gallery is located on Commons Circle (30th Street and Grange Avenue), in the Center for Visual Arts at Augustana University. The gallery is open to the public and free of charge. Hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Saturday 1-4 p.m. Closed Sundays.