Inside the Collaborative Classroom: Best Practices in Literacy Teaching and Learning
Date: July 11 - July 12, 2018
Times: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Augustana University
Ticket Info: $49 for the two-day institute.
Who Should Attend?
- K–6 teachers, coaches, and administrators
- Augustana University pre-service teachers and students
Registration ($49) includes 15 hours, or 1 full Continuing Education Credit, plus breakfast and lunch for both days of the institute.
Optional: for an additional $50, receive one Augustana University Credit (pay on-site)
Located at Augustana University
View a map, with directions to campus.
About This Institute
Educators attending the institute will:
- Experience teaching practices that support students in developing as readers, writers, and critical thinkers who learn from, care for, and respect one another.
- Learn structures for teaching reading comprehension, vocabulary, foundational skills, and writing that build students’ independence and support inquiry and collaboration.
- Reflect on effective teaching practices for literacy instruction.
- Familiarize themselves with how SEL teaching practices are aligned with State Standards and other initiatives.
- Explore what it means to be culturally responsive educators, centering the discussion on the relevance of this approach for student-centered teaching.
- Explore how partnering with your curriculum for professional learning can support improvements in practice and student growth.
Contact Joyce Boles at 816.229.1988 or email@example.com