Modified Building and Service Hours - Updated July 8, 2020
Date: July 8, 2020
- Administration Building
- Campus Clinic
- Campus Life
- Edith Mortenson Center
- Fryxell Humanities Center
- Sioux Falls Psychological Services
- Dining Services
- Elmen Center
- Mail Services
- Center for Western Studies
- Madsen Center
- Chapel of Reconciliation
- Campus Learning Center (CLC)
The Administration Building will be open from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with the exception of some offices. Key card access is available after hours.
Effective Friday, May 22, the Campus Clinic is closed for the summer. Students and staff can call the Sanford Clinic (69th & Minnesota Avenue) at 605.328.5800 to speak with a healthcare provider regarding symptoms and next steps. If after hours, please call this same number and follow the prompt to be directed to the Sanford Hospital After Hours Call Center.
Effective Monday, June 15, the Campus Life Suite (EMC 119) will be open Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Staff may be reached through their email, or by emailing email@example.com or by calling 605.274.5215.
Students are seen for Counseling Services by appointment on weekdays during the academic year and during summer school when classes are in session. Hours are Monday-Thursday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) and Friday (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
The current options are as follows:
- The Huddle (Sub Connection & Viking Grille)
Sub Connection and Simply To Go — 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Viking Grille — 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
As always, please let the Dining Services or Campus Life offices know if you have questions or concerns about dining or meal plans.
Effective Monday, June 22, the Edith Mortenson Center will be open from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., with key card access after hours.
- Please follow their Facebook Page for updates.
Effective Monday, June 15, Elmen Center access will be available to those who have ID cards. The facility will be accessible to current students, administrators, faculty and staff. Family members and friends are not allowed to use the facility. Swipe your Augie ID at the east main doors. Upon entry, you will be required to go through a screening process (temperature check and screening questions) before utilizing the facility. Locker rooms are not available for showering or changing clothes, so please come dressed for your workout.
Elmen Center Hours of Operation — Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The weight room is open from 12-2 p.m., and 5-7 p.m., on Monday thru Thursday, and on Friday from 12-2 p.m. The pool will remain closed. The Elmen Center is also closed on the weekends.
Effective June 29, the Fryxell Humanities Center and the Center for Visual Arts will be open from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The bookstore is open online 24/7 at augiebookstore.com. Effective Monday, July 13, the bookstore — located within Morrison Commons — is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., and is closed Saturday-Sunday.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Window for Students
Open Monday thru Friday 9:30–10:30 a.m.
Delivery on Campus
- Courier/Incoming Mail will continue to be picked up daily from USPS. Mail and packages will continue to be dropped off and picked up at each building at the current drop-off location with exceptions being Froiland (see Nursing), Admin Building (see Business office), the Library and CWS. It will be the responsibility of the department chairs or supervisors to arrange delivery or pick up of mail/packages to employees in their departments or offices.
- Outgoing mail route is limited to morning drop-offs and pickups, with no afternoon courier stops. Individuals can also drop mail in the designated Commons mail slots (both on-campus and off-campus mail).
- For Packages:
- Packages with a prepaid label on them for returns can be dropped off at any UPS store.
- If employees can start having packages delivered to their homes instead of campus that would ensure quicker delivery.
- We will only be processing UPS packages that are being charged to an AU account number. No personal packages.
- Employees can email email@example.com or call 4328 if they have questions or need assistance with mail/packages.
Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. 5p.m. – public by appointment only
Key card access only
The IT Helpdesk is open Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and is a mask-required area. Once in the vestibule, take the elevator down to IT Helpdesk.
Campus Ministry is still here for you this fall!
Worship will look significantly different this semester with chapel services on Tuesday and Thursday rather than Monday, Wednesday, Friday. A service of holy communion will be on Tuesdays with senior sermons on Thursdays. Worship begins at 10:00 a.m. in the chapel. In addition, this fall there will be several services outdoors on the campus green. Worship services will also be live-streamed on Campus Ministry's facebook page. The Chapel of Reconciliation continues to be open Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Catholic Mass will be celebrated the first Monday of each month at 12:30 p.m. in the chapel. Sunday Mass will be held at Christ the King Church at 7:00 p.m.
- Check out the devotional blog featuring a variety of writers.
- View A Pastoral Letter regarding COVID-19, by Pastor Ann Rosendale. And please invite your friends to like our Facebook page so that they can stay connected, too.
The CLC will follow Augustana’s procedures when it comes to closing the center. The Campus Learning Center is open 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.