Modified Building and Service Hours - Updated June 29, 2020
Date: June 29, 2020
- Administration Building
- Campus Clinic
- Campus Life
- Edith Mortenson Center
- Fryxell Humanities Center
- Sioux Falls Psychological Services
- Dining Services
- Elmen Center
- Mail Services
- Center for Western Studies
- Madsen Center
- Chapel of Reconciliation
- Campus Learning Center (CLC)
Effective Monday, June 22, the Administration Building will be open from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., with the exception of some offices. Key card access is available after hours.
Effective Friday, May 22, the Campus Clinic is closed for the summer. Students and staff can call the Sanford Clinic (69th & Minnesota Avenue) at 605.328.5800 to speak with a healthcare provider regarding symptoms and next steps. If after hours, please call this same number and follow the prompt to be directed to the Sanford Hospital After Hours Call Center.
Effective Monday, June 15, the Campus Life Suite (EMC 119) will be open Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Staff may be reached through their email, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 605.274.5215.
Students are seen for Counseling Services by appointment on weekdays during the academic year and during summer school when classes are in session. Hours are Monday-Thursday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) and Friday (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
The current options are as follows:
- The Huddle (Sub Connection & Viking Grille)
Sub Connection and Simply To Go — 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Viking Grille — 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
As always, please let the Dining Services or Campus Life offices know if you have questions or concerns about dining or meal plans.
Effective Monday, June 22, the Edith Mortenson Center will be open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with key card access after hours.
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Effective Monday, June 15, Elmen Center access will be available to those who have ID cards. The facility will be accessible to current students, administrators, faculty and staff. Family members and friends are not allowed to use the facility. Swipe your Augie ID at the east main doors. Upon entry, you will be required to go through a screening process (temperature check and screening questions) before utilizing the facility. Locker rooms are not available for showering or changing clothes, so please come dressed for your workout.
Elmen Center Hours of Operation — Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The weight room is open from 12-2 p.m., and 5-7 p.m., on Monday thru Thursday, and on Friday from 12-2 p.m. The pool will remain closed. The Elmen Center is also closed on the weekends.
Effective, June 29, the Fryxell Humanities Center and the Center for Visual Arts will be open from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The health and well-being of our customers and employees are incredibly important to us. It is with careful consideration that we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close stores starting on Tuesday, March 24, until further notice. We will be working remotely during that time.
We will continue to accept orders online for delivery with free shipping at www.augiebookstore.com. You may experience longer shipping times than usual. Any purchases returned via shipment to our stores will be processed when our stores reopen.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Window for Students
Open Monday thru Friday 9:30–10:30 a.m.
Delivery on Campus
- Courier/Incoming Mail will continue to be picked up daily from USPS. Mail and packages will continue to be dropped off and picked up at each building at the current drop-off location with exceptions being Froiland (see Nursing), Admin Building (see Business office), the Library and CWS. It will be the responsibility of the department chairs or supervisors to arrange delivery or pick up of mail/packages to employees in their departments or offices.
- Outgoing mail route is limited to morning drop-offs and pickups, with no afternoon courier stops. Individuals can also drop mail in the designated Commons mail slots (both on-campus and off-campus mail).
- For Packages:
- Packages with a prepaid label on them for returns can be dropped off at any UPS store.
- If employees can start having packages delivered to their homes instead of campus that would ensure quicker delivery.
- We will only be processing UPS packages that are being charged to an AU account number. No personal packages.
- Employees can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4328 if they have questions or need assistance with mail/packages.
The Center for Western Studies Fantle building is closed.
The Madsen Main Rotunda/East doors are open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Those with key card access can enter through the North door.
The IT Helpdesk is open Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and is a mask-required area. Once in the vestibule, take the elevator down to IT Helpdesk.
Campus Ministry is still here for you in these uncertain days of COVID-19!
- A devotional blog featuring a variety of writers.
- “Follow” the Campus Ministry Facebook Page to stay connected. Look for occasional devotions in video form shared here.
- Summer brings the latest Campus Ministry Book Discussion. This year's read is "Seculosity: How Career, Parenting, Food, Politics, and Romance Became Our New Religion and What to Do About It" by David Zahl. Upcoming discussions, held via Zoom, are scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on July 9 (Chapters 4-6) and July 30 (Chapters 7-9). Please contact Pastor Ann if you would like to join and she will share the Zoom link.
The CLC will follow Augustana’s procedures when it comes to closing the center. The Campus Learning Center is open 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.