Modified Building and Service Hours - Updated Nov. 16, 2020
Date: November 17, 2020
- Administration Building
- Campus Clinic
- Campus Life
- Edith Mortenson Center
- Fryxell Humanities Center
- Sioux Falls Psychological Services
- Dining Services
- Elmen Center
- Mail Services
- Center for Western Studies
- Madsen Center
- Chapel of Reconciliation
- Campus Learning Center (CLC)
The Administration Building will be open from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., with the exception of some offices. Key card access is available after hours.
Augustana’s Sanford Campus Clinic is open to students Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. If after hours, students and staff can call the Sanford Clinic (69th & Minnesota Avenue) at 605.328.5800 to speak with a healthcare provider regarding symptoms and next steps.
Effective Monday, June 15, the Campus Life Suite (EMC 119) will be open Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. Staff may be reached through their email, or by emailing email@example.com or by calling 605.274.5215.
Students are seen for Counseling Services by appointment on weekdays during the academic year and during summer school when classes are in session. Hours are Monday-Thursday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m.) and Friday (8 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
The current options are as follows:
- The Huddle (Sub Connection & Viking Grille)
Sub Connection and Simply To Go — 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Viking Grille — 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
As always, please let the Dining Services or Campus Life offices know if you have questions or concerns about dining or meal plans.
Effective Monday, June 22, the Edith Mortenson Center will be open from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., with key card access after hours.
- Please follow their Facebook Page for updates.
Effective Sept., 1, 2020: Elmen Center access will be available to students and those who have ID cards. The facility will also be accessible to family members, however guests are still not allowed to use the facility. All students, faculty, staff are asked to enter through the East main doors, but the screening process is no longer required.
Elmen Center Hours -- Fri., November 20th - Sun., November 29th
Friday, November 20th: Elmen Center closes at 5 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 21st/Sunday, Nov. 22nd: Elmen Center is closed
Monday, Nov. 23rd/Tuesday, Nov. 24th:
- Elmen Center is open, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Weight Room is open 12 - 2p.m.
- Pool is closed
Wednesday, Nov. 25th through Sunday, November 29th: Elmen Center is closed
General 2020-2021 Elmen Center Hours
Monday - Thursday 6:30am - 11:00pm
Friday: 6:30am - Midnight
Saturday: 10:00am - Midnight
Sunday: Noon - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 8:00 am
Monday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday: 8:00pm - Midnight
Saturday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Sunday: Noon - 3:00pm and 9:00pm - 11:00pm
*There may be various times during the day from 8 a.m .to 7 p.m. when the track can be used if the HPER classes and athletic teams are not using it. Check the front desk to see if the track is open.
Pulastic Multi-Use Court Hours
Friday: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm & 6:00pm - Midnight
Sunday: Noon - 9:00pm
Open Rec & Intramural Hours
Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday: 7:00pm - Midnight
Saturday: 10:00am - Midnight
Sunday: Noon - 11:00pm
Weight Room Hours (West Part)
Monday/Wednesday: 6:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.; 12:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.; 7:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Tuesday: 6:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Thursday: 6:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 9 p.m
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Weight Room (East Part)
Monday/Wednesday: 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.; 7:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 6:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 am - 9 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Monday: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.; 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Tuesday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.; 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Wednesday: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.; 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.; 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.; 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.; 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 3 pm - 6 p.m.** (October, March, April, May only); 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Racquetball/Walleyball Court Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - Midnight
Saturday: 10 a.m. - Midnight
Sunday: Noon - 11 p.m.
Effective June 29, the Fryxell Humanities Center and the Center for Visual Arts will be open from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
The bookstore is open online 24/7 at augiebookstore.com.
As of Aug., 28, 2020:
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Window for Students
Open Monday thru Friday 9:30–10:30 a.m.
Beginning August 26, hours at the Nelson Service Center postal window are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m-3:30 p.m.
Delivery on Campus
- The courier route will continue to operate once per day.
- If departments have outgoing mail that needs to go out after the courier has been to their location, they should bring it to the Nelson Service Center. Please Note: the UPS/FedEx deadline is 1:30 p.m.
- Direct service will no longer be provided at the Commons postal window. All postal services will be offered at the Nelson Service Center post office. Beginning August 26, hours at the Nelson Service Center postal window are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m-3:30 p.m.
- The Commons Desk staff will continue to be available to assist students with basic postal needs/questions such as assisting in opening mailboxes and selling stamps.
- If necessary or more convenient, nearby off-campus locations for mail services (stamps, weighing, pre-package drop off, etc.) are Lewis Drug on Minnesota Avenue and The UPS Store on Minnesota Avenue.
- Quick copy hours will be Monday through Thursday, 9-10 a.m.
- For operational processes and optimal efficiency, international out-going mail services will not be provided on campus.
- Special circumstance deliveries on campus (items that need to be refrigerated, items for events, express packages, etc.) will need to be coordinated in advance with the campus courier.
- For Packages:
- Packages with a prepaid label on them for returns can be dropped off at any UPS store.
- If employees can start having packages delivered to their homes instead of campus that would ensure quicker delivery.
- We will only be processing UPS packages that are being charged to an AU account number. No personal packages.
- Employees can email email@example.com or call 4328 if they have questions or need assistance with mail/packages.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Key card access only
The IT Helpdesk is open Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and is a mask-required area. Once in the vestibule, take the elevator down to IT Helpdesk.
Campus Ministry is still here for you this fall!
Worship will look significantly different this semester with chapel services on Tuesday and Thursday rather than Monday, Wednesday, Friday. A service of holy communion will be on Tuesdays with senior sermons on Thursdays. Worship begins at 10:00 a.m. in the chapel. In addition, this fall there will be several services outdoors on the campus green. Worship services will also be live-streamed on Campus Ministry's facebook page. The Chapel of Reconciliation continues to be open Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Catholic Mass will be celebrated the first Monday of each month at 12:30 p.m. in the chapel. Sunday Mass will be held at Christ the King Church at 7:00 p.m.
- Check out the devotional blog featuring a variety of writers.
- View A Pastoral Letter regarding COVID-19, by Pastor Ann Rosendale. And please invite your friends to like our Facebook page so that they can stay connected, too.
The CLC will follow Augustana’s procedures when it comes to closing the center. The Campus Learning Center is open 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.