Date: August 30, 2015
Location: Bergsaker and Solberg Halls
Augustana will officially welcome the Class of 2019 to campus on Move-In Day, Sunday, Aug. 30. Viking Guides and staff will be available to assist first-year students and their families with moving into Bergsaker and Solberg halls between 8 a.m. - noon.
Following is the schedule of events for Sunday, Aug. 30:
- 8 a.m. to noon — Move-in, Bergsaker and Solberg Halls
- 8 a.m. to noon — Financial Aid and Business Office open, Bergsaker Hall - Rec Room
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Bookstore opens, Morrison Commons
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Hot Dog Cart, between Bergsaker and Solberg halls. Complimentary hot dog, chips and beverage. Free will offering accepted to benefit the Children's Miracle Network as a Viking Philanthropy Project.
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — Family Dining, Ordal Dining Room (Morrison Commons). Cost is $6 per family member (children 4 and under are free; Augustana students will use their meal plan).
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. — First-Year Family Worship, Chapel of Reconciliation
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Residence Hall Meetings, Bergsaker and Solberg halls
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Family Orientation, Kresge Recital Hall (Humanities Center)
- 4 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. — Off-Campus Student Check-in, Elmen Center
- 4:30 p.m. — Kickoff, Elmen Center
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. — Picnic with the President, Fellows' Presidential Residence
We've also included some useful links for the big move:
- Wondering what to bring? Here's a list of some essentials.
- Need some decor ideas? Check out our "Home Sweet Dorm" Pinterest board.
- Learn more about first-year programs.
- Still have questions? View our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Residence Life staff at 605.274.5215.