Date: August 26, 2017
Location: Assigned residence halls
Augustana will officially welcome the Class of 2021 and transfer students to campus on Move-In Day, Saturday, Aug. 26. Viking Guides and staff will be available to assist first-year students and their families with moving into their assigned residence halls between 8 a.m. - noon.
Following is the schedule of events for Saturday, Aug. 26
- 8 a.m. - noon — New Student Move-in, Assigned residence hall
- 8 a.m. - noon — Business Office and Financial Aid Office open, Bergsaker Hall Rec Room
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. — Bookstore open, Morrison Commons
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. — Textbook Pickup, Halverson Room (Morrison Commons)
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. — Hot Dog Cart, between Bergsaker and Solberg halls. Complimentary hot dog, chips and beverage. Free-will offering accepted for FRIENDSLink.
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. — Family Dining, Ordal Dining Room (Morrison Commons). Cost is $6.50 per family member (children 4 and under are free; Augustana students will use their meal plan).
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. — New Student Family Worship, Chapel of Reconciliation
- 2 - 3:30 p.m. — Residence Hall Meetings for First-Year Students, Campus Green
- 2 - 3:30 p.m. — Family Orientation, Ordal Dining Room (Morrison Commons)
- 3:30 - 4 p.m. — Families Say Goodbye
- 4 - 4:30 p.m. — Off-Campus Student Check-in, Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- 4:30 p.m. — Welcome Week Premiere, Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- 6 p.m. — Student Picnic with the President, Fellows' Presidential Residence
- 7:30 p.m. — Opening Night Event, Elmen Center
- 9 p.m. — Bonfire featuring the band, Back Alley, Campus Green
We've also included some useful links for the big move:
- Wondering what to bring? Here's a list of some essentials.
- Need some decor ideas? Check out our "Home Sweet Dorm" Pinterest board.
- Learn more about first-year programs.
- Still have questions? View our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Residence Life staff at 605.274.5215.