Date: August 27, 2016
Location: Bergsaker and Solberg halls (or assigned residence hall, if transfer student)
Augustana will officially welcome the Class of 2020 and transfer students to campus on Move-In Day, Saturday, Aug. 27. Viking Guides and staff will be available to assist first-year students and their families with moving into Bergsaker and Solberg halls between 8 a.m. - noon.
Following is the schedule of events for Saturday, Aug. 27
- 8 a.m. - noon — New Student Move-in, Bergsaker and Solberg halls (or assigned residence hall, if transfer student)
- 8 a.m. - noon — Business Office and Financial Aid Office open, Bergsaker Hall Rec Room
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. — Bookstore open, Morrison Commons
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. — Textbook Pickup, Halverson Room (Morrison Commons)
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. — Hot Dog Cart, between Bergsaker and Solberg halls. Complimentary hot dog, chips and beverage. Free-will offering accepted for a Viking Philanthropy Project.
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. — Family Dining, Ordal Dining Room (Morrison Commons). Cost is $6 per family member (children 4 and under are free; Augustana students will use their meal plan).
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. — New Student Family Worship, Chapel of Reconciliation
- 2 - 3:30 p.m. — Residence Hall Meetings, Bergsaker and Solberg halls
- 2 - 3:30 p.m. — Family Orientation, Kresge Recital Hall (Humanities Center)
- 4 - 4:30 p.m. — Off-Campus Student Check-in, Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- 4:30 p.m. — Welcome Week Opening Ceremonies, Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- 6 - 7 p.m. — Picnic with the President, Fellows' Presidential Residence
- 7:30 p.m. — Opening Night Event: Eric Dittelman, Comedy Mind Reader, Elmen Center
- 9 p.m. — Bonfire, Campus Green
We've also included some useful links for the big move:
- Wondering what to bring? Here's a list of some essentials.
- Need some decor ideas? Check out our "Home Sweet Dorm" Pinterest board.
- Learn more about first-year programs.
- Still have questions? View our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Residence Life staff at 605.274.5215.