Advancement Ambassadors are an integral part of alumni and donor events at Augustana, serving as representatives of the student body while gaining hands-on experience in the fields of event planning, fundraising and business networking.
Becoming an Advancement Ambassador offers a student countless opportunities to enhance their resume and create lasting relationships with alumni, donors, staff and community members benefiting them both professionally and personally.
Responsibilities of Ambassadors include attending meetings with donors and Major Gift Officers; assisting with event set-up, execution, and tear-down; help with special projects as needed; as well as being a spokesperson for the University, portraying the advantages and benefits of an Augustana education. For more details and compensation information, see the full job description.
We congratulate and welcome our 2015-16 Advancement Ambassadors!
- Nick Antonson, junior Biology and Secondary Education major (Beresford, South Dakota)
- Austin Ashbacher, senior Biology major (Calmar, Iowa)
- Will Bordewyk, sophomore Economics and Business Administration major (Brookings, South Dakota)
- Andrea Conover, junior Journalism and German major (Maple Plain, Minnesota)
- Thomas Elnesss, senior Communication Studies and Business major (Windom, Minnesota)
- Kofi Gunu, junior Political Science and Economics major (Tamale, Ghana)
- Joshua Hedeby, junior Accounting and Pre-med major (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Ben Konold, sophomore Business Administration major (Owatonna, Minnesota)
- Jesse Nelson, senior Government/ International Affairs and Philosophy major (Milbank, South Dakota)
- Julie Nelson, senior Biology and Psychology major (Custer, South Dakota)
- Hannah Norem, sophomore Government/International Affairs and Religion major with Pre-Law minor (Houston, Texas)
- Liz Renner, junior Biology major (Crooks, South Dakota)
- Megan Wencl, junior Business Administration major (Owatonna, Minnesota)