Printing from your Student Computer - Mac Instructions
First, install the PaperCut client (If you already have PaperCut installed on your computer you can skip this step)
1. Open the “Finder”. (The icon that looks like a face)
2. Click “Go”at the top of the window, select Connect to Server....
3. In the “Server Address” box type: smb://print.augie.edu/pcclient
4. Select the option to connect as “Guest”
5. Double-click the “mac” folder
6. Doublc click the “client-local-install” file. This will install the PaperCut client
7. Open PaperCut from the Applications folder on your Mac
Now it’s time to install the Printer
1. Open “System Preferences” (Looks like a gear)
2. Click the “Print & Fax” (or Printers & Scanners )icon in the System Preferences window.
3. Click the plus (+) sign, located just below the list of installed printers.
4. The printer browser window will appear.
5. Click the “IP” on the top toolbar of the window.
6. Fill in the fields as indicated below.
*Protocol: Choose “Internet Printing Protocol –IPP”
*Queue: printers/<printer name> e.g. printers/Berg_Printer (See list of printer names below)
*Name: (enter a descriptive name such as Berg_Printer)
*Use: Choose “Generic PostScript Printer”
7. Click the “Add” button.
8. Check the Duplex Printing Unit box and click OK.
Below is a list of some of the printers available for student use on campus.
• lib_main_4515 (back up printer on the Main level)
Please call the Help Desk (605-274-5331) if you have any problems